Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it's official that i am starting a family (girl i'm now engaged to has a child) and i need to get something with more room but i require either 4wd or AWD. i really love the murano's styling and so does she. i'm currently in a 2003 350z. bought it last january. to the point i guess.

i'm elligible for the VPP program but dont know exactly how much of a discount it would be off MSRP. has anyone recently purchased a murano on this program? i'm looking at an SL AWD with no options as there really isn't anything offered that i want. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A good friend offered a VPP to me. It turnd out the price I got was even better - special promo of 2003 with $5000 off MSRP last week (December 27 2003). My understanding is the VPP will knock off a few hundreds ($500 or so from dealer's invoice). From a dealer in Orange County California. I got the SL AWD nothing added for less than $28k out.

I highly recommend getting the MO - althrough only the owner after only week - wonderful car to drive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. they currently have a silver but i'm really intrested in the super black.

if it's a few hundred under invoice, edmunds has it listed at 27k and some change. if that's correct than this is what i will be doing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mfreed said:
You got an 04 for 5000 under MSRP??
VPP will allow you to buy the car at invoice minus a certain percentage. invoice is like 27.9 or so. another 2.5% is usually subtracted. msrp on a murano SL awd is 30,340. with discount which is another 700 or so off that makes it 27.2k before TTL so right at 29k out the door here in the state of va.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In order to participate in VPP, you need to contact Nissan at 800-299-4753. They will ask you for some information, such as name, address, your Nissan afilliation, etc. After that, they will provide you with a claim number. After selecting that vehicle, you provide the dealer with your claim number, and they will run the price for you. The price they provide you comes directly from Nissan, and is non-negotiable.

A few caveats apply:

1. The dealer WILL try to talk you into a direct deal, sidestepping VPP. This bewilders me, since VPP includes some extra kickback to the dealer.

2. VPP is a bit complex, including a 2.87% discount off invoice, but also possibly adding a dealer delivery fee (beyond the distination charge), marketing assessment and warranty recovery. I think some of this is suspect to dealer interpretation.

In my particular example, MSRP on mine was $37,710, invoice $34,293, including destination charge. VPP price was $34,144, not including tax & tags. For me the advantage, aside from saving a few hundred bucks, was the satisfaction of knowing I got a good price without dealing with the idiocy of the dealership.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
255 Posts
VPP has different Tiers depending on your companies eligibility for a certain tier. I got my Murano for a couple of hundred below Invoice this back at the end of June. I just changed companies and called Nissan and found out my current company is also eligible. They said it would be dealer cost minus 2.78% for a Nissan, and cost minus 1.38% for an Infiniti, which sounds better than the deal I got this summer.

The Nissan dealer has to show you the VPP sheet for the vehicle that you are buying that shows both the invoice and the VPP price. This sheet is obtained from Nissan via a computer from the dealership so the dealer can't screw you on any item unless they have dealer added accessories.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the tier i am on i get invoice minus 2.85%.

here's the problem. the local dealer i talked to about the vehicle said they couldn't order the vehicle on the VPP program but said they could do a dealer exchange. how do i know this is true?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think they're full of bullcookies.

They can order anything they want. I had one on order, even though I told them I was buying through VPP. They always favor reducing their existing inventory over a factory order, so they're just saying that to get you to buy now.

Incidentally, a dealer has the option not to participate in VPP.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Call the VPP number and ask the person that answers the phone. I have always found them very helpful and knowlegable and they should be able to give you a difinitive answer. I too think the dealer is just telling you this to reduce his inventory. If he trades another dealer he still offloads one net vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts