Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Murano S. I found a open ended hose next to the air filter box and I can't find where it connects to. I checked while the engine was ruuning and it seems to have a slight vaccuum. Also noted the opening to the tube was dirty, also suggesting vaccuum.

I had to remove the air duct on top of the radiator to get to it. So, I check the duct, thinking it might attach to there but there's no connector, and I also thought "why would it connect to a dirty air source?"

I'm stumped! Attached are some pics. Any help is much appreciated!!

Wide View..

Closer...

Close up...

Thanks for any help.. Mahalo!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I was going to start this response out with OH MY GOD...YOU'D BETTER GET THAT TAKEN CARE OF RIGHT AWAY!!, But what the hell, it's Sunday and I couldn't do that to you.....I just went out and looked at my 09 and found that the hose goes no where, and it's also open at the end...it looks like it's a breather hose, possibly for the transmission since it goes down under where I cant' see where it might connect. But I saw that up on top, it takes an almost 90 degree downward curve and has a clip on it that connects it to the rest of the hose that goes downward.....I wouldn't worry about it. It's one of the "divine mysteries" that perverse engine designers put in your car to cause you to drive to the dealership and get charged $35 for a service call only to be told....."It's normal". Your picture was accurate. Looks exactly like mine!!! No worries mate... :29:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mahalo Chuck & Bill!

Thanks for taking the time to follow up! I'm going to take your advise and not worry about it cause that would be totally wierd if it were something on more than one car.

Another thing that made me wonder at first, was that there's a clean ring around the tip of the hose suggesting that there was something on there at one time. (you can see it in the last pic). I have an appointment this Thursday at the Dealership so I'll give them the third degree then. Thanks gang!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hey Mahalo Chuck & Bill!

Thanks for taking the time to follow up! I'm going to take your advise and not worry about it cause that would be totally wierd if it were something on more than one car.

Another thing that made me wonder at first, was that there's a clean ring around the tip of the hose suggesting that there was something on there at one time. (you can see it in the last pic). I have an appointment this Thursday at the Dealership so I'll give them the third degree then. Thanks gang!
It's a vent hose plain and simple!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're Right!

It's a vent hose plain and simple!
Plain and simple, Bill was right on the money! The Service Manager wasn't aware of it but the Service Tech did. Thanks Bill, you are the man!

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's your crankcase breather hose. There should be a clip to place it on the side of the ecu. You can clip it there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts