Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have murano 2009 Le
Im wondering if i can put all season 245/60/20 on it, will it fit with no problems?
Just have a chance to buy it for cheaper than the original 235/55/20...
If anyone had to try that size on any muranos, please let me know how is it...
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Hi all! I have murano 2009 Le
Im wondering if i can put all season 245/60/20 on it, will it fit with no problems?
Just have a chance to buy it for cheaper than the original 235/55/20...
If anyone had to try that size on any muranos, please let me know how is it...
Thanks
Best guess is that it should fit, but if you don't want to throw your speedometer way off, go to Tirerack.com and check the specs on both sets of tires. See how many revolutions per mile they each run, and you can calculate your speedo error.

There's a small difference in width, but also a difference in sidewall profile, so this becomes an important thing to check.

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,288 Posts
I also have a 2009 LE and run 255/50/20 on summer wheels and 265/50/20 on my winter wheels with no problems what so ever> Hope this helps and take care!

Jim

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you go from a 235/55/20 to a 245/60/20 you will increase the diameter of the tire by about 18mm.

60% of 245mm is 147mm vs 129 for the 235/55/20. Also the with of the tire is 10mm wider at it's widest point.

I'd say it would fit easily but agree the speedo will change slightly making you travel faster than the speedo would say with the 235/55/20s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya you're right guys, found the calculator that shows the speedometer will be off by 4.7%, i guess I'll stick to original than
Thanks for help y'all

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
4.7% isn't that bad, that's 5 MPH at 100 MPH, 2.5 MPH at 50.

You might download an app to your phone like DigiHUD (Android) that will use your GPS and tell you how fast you are actually moving. Check it against your speedometer. I found that in my BMW the speedo was 3 MPH fast at 30, 4 MPH fast at 75. My wife's BMW was the same, and by reports that's typical for the marque.

Under US law, speedometers can read faster than actual speed, but not slower. You'll probably find some error in yours, as most manufacturers actually build in error.

Adding 4.7% error might actually make your speedometer read accurately! (My snow tires are slightly larger and actually correct for the error on my BMW.)

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,288 Posts
…choosing between H and V rated tires.
Well, kinda' depends how you drive. :)

Speed Rating "H" - 130 mph

Speed Rating "V" - 149 mph

I'd would check out the load rating for the tires also. Hope this helps and take care!

Jim

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
The higher the speed rating on the tire, generally the stiffer the sidewall. This results in more responsive handling, but also more noise and vibration being felt in the car, as the stiffer sidewall transfers them to the car more efficiently.

Otherwise, unless you're in the habit of traveling in excess of 130 MPH all the time, it doesn't matter much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts