Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone.. im very interested in adding some more bump in my Mo and need some help and opinions... As of right now i want to add a sub and amp which i think will suit my needs for now.. I've been looking at the MTX MXS1004.. now i dont know anything about good subs or whats a good model.. but when i listened to these at a local circuit city it made my glasses rattle on my face.. that pretty much sold me right then and there but the guy wanted to sell me all these other things and i didnt know if i really needed them or not... so maybe some of you guys can let me know what i would need to install everything.. so as of right now i have the sub i want.. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/MTX-.../sem/rpsm/oid/92281/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

now for an amp.. http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/catOid/-13095/N/20013088+20013095+390/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do
if there is anything on that page you guys could recommend that would help also.. i have no clue which would be best to power the subs.. anything else you guys could think of that i would need besides the sub, amp, box, amp kit and wires.. anything else? what would be needed to hook the sub up to the stock head unit?

sorry for the long post but any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

jay

·
Registered
631 Posts
Re: Re: Deja vu? :)

j a y said:

haha yes i do have the bose system sorry i forgot to include that
OK... well you can do a search and see numerous threads on similar projects. In a nutshell, you can take the sub output from the Bose amp and run it into a high-level input on a new amp (assuming you pick an amp with high-level inputs) and bridge the output channels to a single sub. Look for an amp with an RMS wattage that closely matches the specs on your subwoofer (RMS specs on the sub, not max power handling). You'll need power -- if the amp draws a significant amount of power you'll want to run a dedicated line from the battery with an in-line fuse. If the amp you choose does not have a "auto-sensing turn-on" feature like the MTX amps, you'll also need to tap the remote turn-on lead from the Bose amp. Get a suitable box for your sub, or buy a sub/box combo already made, wire it up, and enjoy your teeth rattling. Just don't expect the rest of the Bose system to keep up with the new sub -- you'll have extremely bass-heavy music. If that's what you like -- go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts