Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone, The wife has given me the go ahead to order either Stainless Steel Nerf Bars or The 3D grille for the Mo. Both are about the same price if you add in the shipping , I can't decide( I really would like both - But thats pushing it). Anyone have any help, opinions, advice, etc...

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Considering your grill is already chrome......the nurf bars would be the most notable feature....if that's what you want.
:)

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I kind of like the OEM grill after getting used to it so If I had to choose I would go with the nerf bars as they add something to the car that it currently does not have.

·
Registered
104 Posts
nerf bars

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Never had nerf bars, and actually havent seen them so this is not a nerf knock. I have the Laser cut perimeter grill and I get lots of good comments and never a negative. I like it it takes about 30 minutes total to put on. You will then have a regulat grille to give someone who needs one. Blah blah blah I love it. see my gallery. GRIP :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nerf Bars

For those who have not seen them, Nerf Bars look like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nerf Bars Installed

Borrowed a photo of Jaycen's Mo to show Installed view of Nerf Bars:

Attachments

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Does anyone who has nerf bars feel that they improve the amount of dirt that gets on the doors? I'm tired of washing the car and having the doors covered within a day. I prefer the rocker bars that go along the side, but would be willing to forfeit looks for less washing.

·
Registered
564 Posts
More importantly . . .

do the nerf bars help prevent door dings (i.e., are they high enough up to help catch the doors of people parking next to the Murano)? I just spent $100 to bet a major ding (more like a dent) pushed out of the door of my Murano - first one. It was on the upper crease area of the passenger side front door. The paintless dent repair guy noted that the metal of the Murano was pretty thick. He ended up using all his weight to push the ding out. His read was that someone was either really really careless or really wanted to put a dent in my shiny not-so-new car.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'm not a big fan of nerf bars in that they tend to hold more snow and slush. It is tough to get out of a car and NOT touch your leg on them. Being you are in FL - the chance of you getting any snow are pretty slim. From an appearance side - I love the look. I like the others that were posted in the link before.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Nerfs were designed to keep trees off your doors as you crabbed through mud---I don't think we will have a problem with that. Rocker bars are for rocks you have driven over--big ones--to keep them from denting your rocker panels, and they are much more stout then the ones I posted the link to above.
I had some killer nerfs on my 4x4 that saved my doors many times whilst crabbing along through a bog in the woods.
Rear doors are the biggest offenders when it comes to dings--it is the top of the C shaped cutout for the rear wheels that gets ya. Yes, I have seen my fair share from front doors as well, but both would clear nerfs unless they are on one loooow to the ground car.

I think it is just for looks, not to keep offending things from impacting the Mo. The ones I posted the link to look almost like a factory part of the Mo....like it should be there, just for the looks.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
mgthe3 said:
I think it is just for looks, not to keep offending things from impacting the Mo. The ones I posted the link to look almost like a factory part of the Mo....like it should be there, just for the looks.
Agreed. I think they should be on there.......especially if they help keep the dirt off of the doors!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks

Everyone thanks for your help on this. I think I am going to go with the NERF bars as I have been drooling over them for the past 9 months. I think I was convinced even more by Posting the Picture of Jaycen's Mo.

·
5,100 Posts
Careful you'l get as bad as me! GRIP :D Drooling and all that stuff.

"Have MO fun! with a MO!" (tm)

(Maybe I can sell that slogan to Nissan and help pay for the vehicles.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm with GMTURBO43- the nerf bars look good, especially chrome ones, but would get your pant legs super dirty in our climate.... that's something I like about the MO is the unique door design where the lower lip wraps under the door sill...no dirt on pants when getting in/out...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've Had it on my MO for 9 months now and NO dirt on my slacks!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here..................

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
and here................:2:

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
Black is a great "Color" I would love to see the lower panel below the grill in Black also. PS. Same in the rear.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts