Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I use Klasse AIO and High Gloss sealant. Is there anyone with much experience with this product that can help me solve a concern? I am concerned that If I wash , polish and then seal, what happens the next time I use the Klasse All In One, does it remove the prior coats of High Gloss sealant I applied?

·
Registered
719 Posts
My experience with Klasse is that the AIO is the primary product and I would suggest you apply several coats of it since it is very easy to put on and take off, almost no effort at all.

The high Gloss sealer on the other hand is much more difficult to use properly.

You have to be very, very careful about how much you put on (it's such a small amount you can't hardly believe it) and getting it off is a lot more work, especially on something as big as the Murano.

Since both of my current vehicles are Silver, I've come to the conclusion that there's very little "visual" benefit to the High Gloss Sealer so I'm not going to use it anymore. Well maybe one more time but I have what is for me a better plan.

I've decided to just stay with the multiple coats of AIO (I'm using 3) and then top that with a good quality paste carnuba wax every 6 weeks or so. (I use Pinnacle Souervan.)

Keeps the vehicle(s) looking very nice and they both still washe up beautifully now and it was October when I last waxed them.

By the way, make sure you have the body completely clean (claybar too) before you apply the AIO. It makes a huge difference in the final results.

FYI, AIO is also a great cleaner/polish for use on exterior glass and it also is really nice on the wheels to keep the brake dust from permenantly attaching it self.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dklanecky1

Thanks very much for your help. I Think I may stop using the High Gloss as well and go with your suggestion to use the AIO and a Carnuba based wax over top for a "wetter" shine. I made the mistake of not using the Clay bar when I first used the AIO and I'm afraid I will have to start over from the get go.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Used Zymol

I was watching Motorweek either last week or the week before and they mentioned Zymol as a very good all natural Carnuba water based wax. While with my Wife at Target I found this product and picked it up. It was fairly expensive in comparison with the other products it was stocked with, i.e Meguires, Turtle Wax, etc... 12.99 for a 12 ounce bottle. I washed and then used Klasse AIO, then put a coat of Zymol over the AIO. Looks pretty good. I must admit I skipped the roof with the Zymol product. By the time I got to the Zymol I was hot and tired. Washing and waxing/detailing can be an exhaustive experience especially in the heat. You sure feel good afterwards when you see the finished product. The one thing I did not care for with the Zymol was the "wax dust". Lots and lots of dust from buffing it off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Look at the Zymol directions carefully...they recommend that after you wipe it off, you spray down the car and buff again to 'set' the wax. This solves the dust problem.

I just put a similar finish on my black Murano...a coat of Nu Finish followed by a coat of Zymol. The Nu Finish protects the car and the Zymol gives it the wet look. I used the same combination on my old PT Cruiser and was very happy with the result.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frobozz

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll give it a try next time I wax. I must admit I have not waxed all summer because it's just been too hot down here (between dodging Hurricanes). Now that the weather is getting bearable I may do the vehicle from the very beginning next week. Meaning - Dawn, Claybar, Dawn, Klasse AIO (3 coats) and then the Zymol. That is only if Hurricane Jeanne is out of the area. Now they are predicting Landfall around Cape Canaveral which will bring it in right at Central Florida.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The weather is finally nice here in Jersey.
I decided to try Klasse AIO and am going to apply it tomorrow.

I usually use a polish and then Meguiars NXT wax. Pretty good results, but doesn't last long.

My question is whether applying NXT after applying the Klasse would kind of negate the Klasse.

On another forum I'm on, a person stated that the NXT has some polishing or cleaner properties and would "wipe away" the Klasse. He said I need to get a pure wax. I thought NXT was pure, but can't find any evidence whether it is "pure" or not.

The guy was only 18 so I'm unsure of his credibility.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not sure I'd use the Zymol Z-503 Cleaner Wax over another cleaner wax -- in this case, the AIO. NXT is a cleaner wax, too, though it has mild cleaning properties... even if it doesn't use that term on the label, it describes that function. Pretty much everything is a cleaner wax, just to different extents.

While the results of both products may have been fine, your longevity of the AIO may indeed have been compromised. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just that you may have done more work than necessary and the Zymol may have similar longevity.

If you're going to do multiple layers, I'd have the top layer be a pure carnauba wax or a synthetic top coat -- either of which have no cleaners. This would build your protection vs. lessen it.

That Zymol, by the way, isn't bad stuff, but it's not the greatest for the price (though I happened to notice that Wal-Mart has a better price).

If you want a very nice dust-free wax, try FX SynWax.

·
Registered
246 Posts
pretty happy with the results.. nice beading action =)
Klasse and NXT last week.. rained today and one other day I think. Holding up nicely.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
AT the risk of being redundant

Carnuba water based wax's are weak and don't resist UV or water very well and are soft. Really not the top stuff.

I have to say it "INSULATOR WAX" is trully IMHO the best. do a search here and on Google and check it out. I nere use anything but it.

I have just climbed down into the foxhole so go and and shoot. :eek:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm up to trying anything except for Zaino. Too intimidating for me..
Please share your suggestions/brands. I have browsed this site for other suggestions.
Zaino and Klasse are mostly what I remember seeing, hence why I tried Klasse for its ease of use.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: AT the risk of being redundant

GripperDon said:
Carnuba water based wax's are weak and don't resist UV or water very well and are soft. Really not the top stuff.

I have to say it "INSULATOR WAX" is trully IMHO the best. do a search here and on Google and check it out. I nere use anything but it.

I have just climbed down into the foxhole so go and and shoot. :eek:
Foxhole, eh?

I've never heard of a "water based wax" for automobiles... what's that about?

·
Registered
12 Posts
pcs15394 said:
All,
I use Klasse AIO and High Gloss sealant. Is there anyone with much experience with this product that can help me solve a concern? I am concerned that If I wash , polish and then seal, what happens the next time I use the Klasse All In One, does it remove the prior coats of High Gloss sealant I applied?
To answer your question directly: Yes, applying AIO after the SG will remove the SG - but the question is why would you reapply the AIO?

I've been using the Klasse system for over 10 years now, and have found it to have excellent appearance and longevity.

The AIO is very simple, and almost impossible to foul up.

The trick to using the SG is to put it on VERY THIN. If you can see it on the paint (other than just a faint, ghosting on your paint), then you're using too much.

One great thing about the SG is that you can make a 'rejuvinator' by mixing 1 part SG with 6 parts water. After washing the Mo, spray your mixture on, and wipe it right off. This little 5-minute addition to your wash routine will give you a freshly-waxed look, and will add extra paint protection with minimal work (and almost no elbow grease required - simply spray on, wipe off).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts