Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to find out where, besides Nissan, can I get a nav system to replace the "stock" LCD screen. I have heard looking at places like nissan heaven and wholesalers but I cant find an exact place of purchase. I need it inexpensive, as well. Any ideas?

·
4,664 Posts
Get in line, you are one of many who would like to do the same, but there's no easy, cheap way.

My next Murano will have one, for now, I'm running Nav on an iPaq.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
jaak said:
My next Murano will have one...
Next? Is someone considering a trade in? I hope the sunlit copper color carries over!

·
5,268 Posts
Snow MO said:

Next? Is someone considering a trade in? I hope the sunlit copper color carries over!
why would it have to carry over..........remember, the only constant in life is CHANGE!:D

·
4,664 Posts
It'll be a while yet, I still have another 3 years of bliss on the lease.

If the copper's available, I'd get it again. I love it!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Replacing the stock LED screen will be tricky because it also displays the stereo and climate control information.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts

·
4,664 Posts
Eric L. said:
Replacing the stock LED screen will be tricky because it also displays the stereo and climate control information.
Replacing the monochrome LCD Alphanumeric display with the colour graphic LCD requires a controller change, as well as the Nav unit, the DVD that goes in it, and the GPS antenna, etc. Plus your wiring harness will not have all the wires needed.

It's expensive and it's a pain, but if you throw enough money at it, you can do it. I seem to remember the parts costing 2-3 times the option price and that doesn't include the install.:eek:

I dug up the info from last year some time... This was quoted to someone else wanting to retrofit Nav.

Okay Mr. XXXXXXXX,

I can indeed sale you the parts to add Navigation to your vehicle. I've attached a complete list of parts needed for Navigation.

1. LCD Color Navi Display - 28090-CA100 - $2496.29
2. Navi Control Unit - 25915-CA101 - $2663.06
3. GPS Antenna - 25975-CA100 - $51.49
4. Navi Display Control Unit - 28330-CA100 - $1428.26
5. Navi Switches - 28090-CA100 - $336.04
6. CD-ROM - 25920-CR920 - $504.06

Total : $7526.82 (This price includes screws and brackets not itemized)

Although you've already heard it, it's not recommended to add Nav if your Murano was not fitted with it in the factory. Mostly this is due to the prices of the parts. Also, as stated on the invoice quote, electronic items are non returnable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts