Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing out my upper coolant hose and cam across a hose that looks rip but have no idea if I can fix it or where it even goes to below will be a picture of it please help it’s a hose that’s near the Engine and goes down under neath the car any one has a idea on what this is and how to fix it
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Rim

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
It looks like a vacuum line, but hard to tell exactly just on that pic. Can you remove the engine cover and take a couple of more pics from different angles (also of where the hose attaches to the engine).

Reactions: Pilgrim

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one that wondered what is was from the photo with the beauty covered not removed... Need more context showing where both ends terminate.

·
Premium Member
Oct 2010 Ti Australian Model (Manufactured Japan)
167 Posts
The rectangular part that hose is connected to is the 'box' like part that (at the other end of the "box') connects directly to the flexible air intake hose of the throttle body.
Where the hose goes down the side of the engine to, I don't know.
When checking the air intake hose of my car, the inlet of the air intake hose to which the 'box' connects to had a crack, which I assumed will add to vacuum leak problems.
Wondering if the hose that goes down the side of the motor is somehow used to make vacuum for the PCV valve?
Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
That is like taking a close up of that clamp and asking what the hose is. Like others say remove the cover, and stand back enough to show what the hose goes to. Looks like an air intake for PCV system from the airfilter box. If its sucking dirty air all that dirt or dust goes into the engine, that is if the hose is cracked or has an opening to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts