Nissan Murano Forum banner

Who works on your car?(Repars, Tune-ups, Upgrades)

• Not a mechanic, but can do basic tune up and willing to do more.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Mechanically inclined. I can figure out how to do most things.

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Mechanic. Can do repairs and Tune-ups, might need help with electronics

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Pay good money to have people do it for me.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Improviser. Just need some duct tape and I can do anything.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like we have people of all walks of life. Does that make sense? I just thought I would start a poll and see the type of people out there.

·
4,664 Posts
Boy, that's a tough one to answer, as a number of them fit. So I went for the Duct Tape one...

I'm not a licenced Mechanic, however, I have the knowledge to tear apart pretty well anything on the Murano, including what's inside the electronics boxes, but don't have the time, so I pay someone else to do it. Oh and I could put it back together and have it work, too...

Duct tape is good.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yea, tough to categorize oneself. Maybe this description will help. By weekday, I sit in an office on the compter and work with paper. On weekends, I've been known to turn a wrench or two. Most of my experience in internal combustion engines and their related components stems for working on my motorcycles. I do all the work on them - but then again, they don't have computers (carburated engines). I since sold one and still have another that I continue to maintain and repair myself. On cars, I'm pretty good at adding accessories (electronic and otherwise), but don't get into resodering circuit boards or anything of that nature.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts