Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the market for either a TSX or a Murano (i know they are so different, but for some odd reason i am attached to these two cars)

Anyway, i am looking for a used car and came accross a 2004 Murano SE w/Nav 21000km (dont know it in miles), boomerang, and a starter for $36000 canadian dollar (or 30,273.73 USD)

My question to you murano experts is:
1)is that a good deal? (i seem to think so, since all other MO without nav is more $)
2) would you make a 2004 purchase, knowing that the 2005 has i-key and 2006 has so many new touch-ups?

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Assuming it is in good condition (ie. no accidents) and has AWD, then yes it would be a good deal. I don't think you can go wrong with the Murano when winter hits.
I have an '04 in the household and it's pretty problem-free, and there really hasn't been much significant changes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Assuming it is in good condition (ie. no accidents) and has AWD, then yes it would be a good deal. I don't think you can go wrong with the Murano when winter hits.
I have an '04 in the household and it's pretty problem-free, and there really hasn't been much significant changes.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
Well, shortly it will be a two year old Murano, not a one year old Murano, so factor that in. But in reality, the Murano hasn't changed much, so I'd say it sounds like a good deal. 21,000 km is pretty low, so it's not had much life used up yet.

Having an SE with Nav means it's loaded. (Sunroof?) In Canada the SE has it all and if you have the Nav and Sunroof, there's no options left to put on an '04. It would have been around 50K new.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i went to check the car, amazing condition and she even got her alternator replaced...
the only problem is the fact that the car is advertised with navigation, and when i saw the car it had no navi!
the woman that is selling her car thinks that because she has a "screen" there is navigation. she was like just go to the dealership and they will activate it for you.
ahahahahhahahaaha

anyway, not interested in buying a car off a person who knows nothing about it.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Tintin said:
...not interested in buying a car off a person who knows nothing about it.
That is smart.

I wonder if it would be feasable to go to Arizona and buy Gripps....or meet halfway.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
SAve Money Fly one way drive back.

Don't have to worry about returning the first car back to home.

zebelkhan said:

That is smart.

I wonder if it would be feasable to go to Arizona and buy Gripps....or meet halfway.

·
Registered
369 Posts
zebelkhan said:

That is smart.

Problem is the odometer and speedo are in MPH instead of kmph which makes for a difficult time later when you want to sell it. I had a hell of time selling a car which was in perfect condition a couple of years after I returned to Canada after 12 years in the US.
In addition it would have to be reconfigured for daytime running lamps, but that is not such a big deal.

·
4,994 Posts
Speedo Is marked in both

I am not sure but will look tomorrow to see if the NAV allows or provides for Kilometers.

DRL can be done by the dealer I think. Ask Jaak.

If interested let me know soon as a neighbor has shown some interest recently. I never have advertised it yet. Keep hoping a forum member will rise to it. It is so special it really pains me to see it go to a standard customer. Imagine me selling it to the lady that you referred to in your earlier post.

G

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, bummer all around...

Grip, I wonder if the Nav switches to Km with the E/M switch on the console. (Does the Nav have that switch? I forget...)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah sorry about the 3X post, IE crashed when I posted.
Anyways the bigger problem buying the MO from the States is taxes when you bring it back to Canada.

·
4,994 Posts
English Metric

Their is a window under settings, called system that has selections Language: English or French and a Units section that offers English and Metric. When I selected metric it reverted back to English. I assume it takes the input of the Cosult II tool to authorize the change.
Been busy getting the boat shut down for winter. Maybe I should say less opened up as it is in summer.

G

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Re: Speedo Is marked in both

GripperDon said:

DRL can be done by the dealer I think. Ask Jaak.
G
If you put a piece of tape on the top of the sensor and keep setings on "AUTO" you will have a DRL.

·
4,994 Posts
It's funny

I just thought it was the biggest deal when I could re-program my Phaeton to eliminate the DRL.

I hate those things and wanted so to not have them. Others want em and don't have em. Makes the world go around. ;)

G

·
4,601 Posts
Re: English Metric

GripperDon said:
When I selected metric it reverted back to English.
That is just sooo weird... The French are the reason we have metric!

·
4,994 Posts
Oh I think it a valid choicejust not in USA

I bet the Nissan dealers Consult tool will allow the change to be selected and that when you do the DRL's go on also.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To be honest, i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to buy Grip's murano!!!

but it is going to cost me so much to travel there, drive back, and then pay the tax going through the border, then getting it inspected for quebec law, etc, etc, etc...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts