Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

If you have been searching for a way to integrate your IPOD to your beloved MO. There is a promising item on the market. It is the Neo ION. If this product can deliver what it is stating on it's website. We can have the same integration of our IPODs just like BMW. It is promising full usage of the steering wheel controls, the use of the BOSE audio screen, and even turning the IPOD on and off for starters.

I know that some of our more technically knowledgeable MO brethren and sisters have found other ways to connect their IPODS like using PAC-NIS. I believe some have even found a way to install an after market stereo to utilize it for the IPOD. I am sure there are many out there like me that are not as electronically savy that would like a plug and play option.

They have products for other vehicles and they are currently working on one for the MO. The website states that the more request they have for a particular vehicle the more they are inclined to push the product out for that vehicle. So please help out and sign up. This will work to our advantage two fold later on.

1.) We can have a product for the MO/IPOD integration.
2.) We may be able to work a discount for a group buy later on.

http://www.mp3yourcar.com/default.asp

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you do sign up. Please indicate if you will be interested on a group buy when the product is available.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Folks,

I just left an email for this Neo ION company, to tell them to focus on the Murano for a solution. They listed a Nissan Quest (????? do Quest owners REALLY own iPods in larger numbers than MO owners? I doubt it!) as having their solution. I emplored them to do it, and mentioned that there was little "info" on what the plans were for Nissan regarding iPod, and, if true to form, they would make their iPod option available on other models. We'll see what they say in response.

Regards,

Big

·
4,601 Posts
Might be interesting to send them Nissan sales numbers as an indicator of potential for this market. I'm going to "sticky" this thread so it doesn't get buried.

I'd be interested in a group buy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VG. said:
$250?! are they KIDDING?!!!

I'm sorry, but that's just a tad bit more than I'm willing to pay! I'll gladly stick with my casette adapter for $20 if that price tag is for real...
I agree it's a bit pricey but with a group buy we can most likely talk them down if there is enough of us. Sure the cassette connection works. That is what I have now but I experience my friends connection on his BM'r and the cassette doesn't come close to the sound quality. IMHO it is worth the extra money.

There might be an icruze product out soon, but I did the calculation and it will cost around $300 to $350 and it doesn't use the BOSE screen of the mo. you have to buy thier display.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I believe Ipod and other manufactures have a better solution than the cassette. I use a small FM transmitter that plugs into my headphone’s socket on my PDA to play MP3 music via the BOSE radio. Whilst the quality is not up to playing mp3 discs, it is certainly better than the cassette route. I’ve seen the Ipod version and it matches well. I got mine from Amazon in the UK cost about 12 pounds. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just put my name on the list. This sounds like the best bet for me, for I am inept when it comes to messing with electronics of this nature. I like plug and play!

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
I'm on the list, too

I finally decided to get an iPod and checked in here to see how the N-BUS interface is coming along. I'll gladly pay $250 for an iPod interface that lets me control playback from the wheel and see relevant titles in the RDS text fields, so my name is on the list.

Alternatively, if someone invented some kind of iPod interface/controller that does tv out with text or visualizations for parties, I would just run *that* into one of my 3 A/V input sets and display it on the nav.

My highest preference would be a way to emulate the Music Choice channels while playing music from my mp3 collection. Cover art and artist/album/year/playback timer in a large, readable font. To do it all in hardware with a hockey puck-sized device somewhere between the iPod and head unit, with a six-foot run to a yellow RCA plug would be GOLDEN

:7:

·
Registered
8 Posts
hmmm

Theres several adapters like this already on the market (pie, peripheral, wiretunes, monster), and the problem is they only let you play playlists. Which means you can only have 6 playlists, i myself have over 10,000 songs which is probably way more than 6 playlists in its self. It just tricks the system to think its different cds in the cd changer, which also means you can only have 99 songs in each playlist. You can not scroll to an artist or album. If you look at the picture of the neo on the site it even shows the ipod with the playlist section opened with 5 playlists...

just have to wait for nissan to make the complete integration.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: hmmm

GeoffreyBrian said:
Theres several adapters like this already on the market (pie, peripheral, wiretunes, monster), and the problem is they only let you play playlists. Which means you can only have 6 playlists, i myself have over 10,000 songs which is probably way more than 6 playlists in its self. It just tricks the system to think its different cds in the cd changer, which also means you can only have 99 songs in each playlist. You can not scroll to an artist or album. If you look at the picture of the neo on the site it even shows the ipod with the playlist section opened with 5 playlists...

just have to wait for nissan to make the complete integration.
All true, but weren't these guys focusing on connecting through the SAT inputs? If so, wouldn't that give them the ability to integrate the iPod without playlists?

BTW, I signed up too :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Neo Ion for my MO just arrived in the mail!!

Just got my Neo Ion in the mail. WOOO HOOO! Will try to install tonight. Has enyone else installed this? I intend to use Jaak's instructions for cracking into the dash, but additional insight would be most welcome.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just got my email from them yesterday. I'm going to order one as soon as we get a permanent mailing address here in AK. Anxious to see how it turns out! MAKE SURE you post up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got it installed! What a snap! Works great! Does NOT display song information. Simply shows disk 5 as "spinning" and starts the track clock running (not in tandem with actual ipod track counter/clock) Steering controls work for advancing the songs. Does have additional RCA inputs for another aux input that are controlled on Disk 6. All in all, I am very pleased with the sound and operation. Hope this info is helpful!

JB

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just installed my neo Ion for the murano. It works perfectly! Sound quality is great! Will never go back to FM transmitters. Installation was very easy! Love the steering wheel controls. I can live without having the titles displayed on the screen. Doesn't affect internal cd changer. Great item! A must for Ipod owners!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Someday someone will make a really good

Fm Ipod adapter that will use the FM Radio's ability to display station Id and song info to show what is on the Ipod AND provide a direct wire connection to the antenna so the radio does not have to be pulled. It just does not seem to be that hard. However it does not happen. Not everyone wants to pull the radio or even have it pulled.

I guess about the time that MP3 gets replace with the next generation it will happen, being like the change from cassette to CD.

The manufacture mentality is just not geared to the track.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts