Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'03 SL, Midnite Blu w/charcoal lthr. Am looking for some side rails to help with washing her and to help hide that lump of metal Nissan calls the muffler. Has anyone added useable rails or running boards to theirs? Quite a few on eBay saying "bolts right on", but don't like to take chances with my $$ and my baby. Also, would you want to see stainless/chrome w/black step pads or black w/aluminum step pads on this midnite blu ride?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mrkapp. Have seen them and like the way they look also. Will probably go for them along with the billet grilles I found today. Lots of MOs in S.FL so want to make it a little diff. then the rest. I have the Nissan push bar on it which I have yet to see on any others. Gets lots of looks.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
midnitexpress said:
Thanks mrkapp. Have seen them and like the way they look also. Will probably go for them along with the billet grilles I found today. Lots of MOs in S.FL so want to make it a little diff. then the rest. I have the Nissan push bar on it which I have yet to see on any others. Gets lots of looks.
I've got the OEM pushbar too!

I was thinking about taking it off the other day and received nothing but objections from everyone who has seen it. They said that it gives it the attitude that the car needs! :2:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice pic Snow MO. I like the look of the Nissan bar also, though I wish it had a little more substance...at least a cross bar at mid point. Something to protect the point in the bumper. Wasn't the easiest to install in the driveway, but was done in 30 mins and only had two parts (splash shield clips) leftover!! :) Will get a pic on line also after I get her detailed next week.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Push Bar

I installed mine yesterday and I bet I can guess where those splash shield clips came from. For anyone else out there who installs the push bar, it is a good idea to put the splash guard back together once you have the brackets installed underneath. After you put the push bar on the brackets, you cannot get the plastic fastener clips back in to the splash guard immediately above the push bar.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Finally installed my Nissan front Bumper Bar this morning....outside, in the driveway, in 38 degree weather. Hey! It's winter in PA, at least it was partly cloudy with windchill at 30 degrees and no rain or snow! lol Now she has the front bar, rear bumper protector, and the new style "in-channel" vent visors on all four windows. (Those look quite nice...)

Took me and a mate 90 minutes to get the front bar on....mainly because I took my time taking the splash guards and the wheel well lining off - and my hands were cold!

Best part is - no left over parts! WooHoo!

Everyone loves the look. Me too. If you are doing this install, I'd sugesst using all the tools as outlined in the instructions. The 12mm bolts holding the brackets to the frame are a PITA to get at. But with a little patience...it's all good.

I have one question for those who have this Bar:
There are two little holes on the "inside" of the bar...on the top crossrail...one each side about 1//4 of the way in from the vertical bar. Any ideas what these are for? Seem to be in the wrong location for future KC type lights, etc...

·
Registered
758 Posts
rbsmo04

I thought they were for the fog lights. Mine has them too. Other than that I have no idea what they are for. Those bolts are/were a PIA to get to.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Black nerfs

Price is certainly right. I wanted the Stainless as they kind of matched my Chromed wheel's a little better. The 149.00 for the black ones seems to be a really good price though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Waag makes black bars for the murano as does Manik. Has anyone installed the Waag bars? Wondering how easy the install is. The Aries bars seem to be an install pain from all the talk on here.

·
Registered
758 Posts
whaleblue22

The aries are only a pain with no instructions. The install has been kind of documented on this forum, so it should not be too bad. There is a guy on ebay who sells the black nerf bars but I dont think he has any out there right now. Same guy sells the chrome bumper guard for the Murano.

·
Registered
49 Posts
whaleblue22.....where did you find Manik or Waag black nerf bars for the Mo? I can't find them anywhere....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whaleblue22...was that an OEM chromed bumber guard that the guy had on ebay?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure about that. I'm guessing no. My front tube bar just came in and will be installed fri. I ordered it from the dealer but it's just the plain gray one. I did get some mouldings installed this week and they look great. My gal didn't like the rocker bars so they are up for sale. She thinks we should look for black nerf bars.

·
Registered
758 Posts
whaleblue22

No Mods need to install the Aries bars. You do have to remove some of the Factory Bolts and replace them with longer Bolts supplied by Aries.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have you guys been satisfied with the aries bars? I like the way they look. Just wondering if they get in the way. I have a silver MO and thought that the black waag bars might look best.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've got the chrome rocker bars from 4x4parts.com. Only wanted something to help hide the muffler. I think it adds just enough visual to the side of the Murano without being overpowering. Even with this I will occasionally kick with my foot or knock with my calf getting into the MO so not sure how much I would appreciate having to step over full nerf bars...though up North at this time of year, I'm sure your dry cleaner will love them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts