Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

Does anyone have a picture of a Murano with black nerf bars?

I'm wondering what it looks like... and esp with the front tube bar. I want to get black nerf bars, and a front tube bar, and then have the tube bar painted black to match the nerf bars.

My Murano is Platinum with charcoal leather.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just called xtreme site to get the nerf bars, and they said they don't make them for the o5 murano anymore... !!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I had a dark silver (veeeery close to 05 platinum) toy 4x4 with smittybuilt black nerfs. They didn't look good till I added brite Carr step plates...which they don't make anymore.

·
Registered
758 Posts
TheGymKid

This is the E-Bay store that had the Black Nerf Bars for Murano Before. They do not have any listed right now, but maybe you could contact them and see if they can get them:
Broadfeet Motorsport Equipment

·
Registered
56 Posts
WAAG makes black nerfs for the murano. They are a bit expensive though. I think there are a few pics of a copper mo with them in the gallery somewhere. Also, there is a thread on SEMA which shows a chardonnay MO with black nerfs.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been calling around to find black Nerf bars... and it seems difficult to get at the moment. I've tried alot of the sites people are recomending, but coming up short. Here is one I found, but they are asking a lot I feel. Any other sites as suggestions for me to try? Thanks.

TSTEP MURANO BLACK 03-04

VENDOR
MANIK (M26)

PART NUMBER
722754T

APPLICATION
NERF BARS, 2005, NISSAN, MURANO, MANIK, TUBE STEPS 3" WHEEL TO WHEEL, ALL ENGINES, ALL WHEEL DRIVE, BLACK POWDER COATED, ALL QUESTION 2, ALL QUESTION 3, ALL QUESTION 4

RETAIL PRICE
259.00 INCLUDES SHIPPING

We have these nerf bars in stock for your vehicle. Please give me a call and we can help you with the order.

Thank you for shopping www.DashMats4Less.com and www.EverythingOffroad.com.

Camille Williams, Ext. 111

[email protected]
1-877-594-1323

·
Registered
758 Posts
TheGymKid

I think the price you got for the MANIK Black Nerf bars is really good. The Aries are 209.00 on E-Bay plus shipping. This will take you up to the 259.00 price that everythingoffroad.com is offering. I honestly don't think you will get a better price than that. The company that was selling the black ones on E-Bay wanted over 250.00 plus shipping. I paid a total of 239.00 including shipping for my Aries Stainless and since then the prices have gone up. If you really want them, that price is pretty fair.

·
Registered
26 Posts
rocker panels

www.4x4parts.com

That is where i got my Chrome Rocker Panels...flush ounted so you dont have to worry about getting dirty when getting getting in and out of the MO and they look awesome with the chrome door handles.
You can do a search and find a pic of my car with panels on this site.

approx $300

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
DeLuc05
I will be installing mine today or tomorrow, thanks to whaleblue22.
:D

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, if anyone is still interested... I just made my purchase of my Nerf bars. I know a few people (Huskyfan) said they aren't worth getting since they rub the pants... but I'm dertimined to give my Mo a truck look with the front tube bar and nerf bars.

I found a place by me that sould the Nerfs for $225.00. I called a lot of places and checked out a lot of web sites.

Now I have to go print out those instructions I saw online... were they for Manik bars or just Aries?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I found them in black. I actually found a trick to find local places that sell them... if anyone is interested.

Go to ' http://www.manik.com ' then STORE LOCATOR. Choose your state and town... it will give you a local shop that sells them. No S&H CHARGES !!!

I called about 6 different places and asked for the black Manik Nerfs... and gave them the part # from the web site. They all said they had to order it, and could get it the next day.

Check out the different prices I got from local NJ shops...
$279.00
$239.00
$240.00
$225.00
$278.00
One place said... " they don't make them yet" ( I didn't argue, just said Okay... I didn't want to deal with him if he said that to me without checking first.)

Also, I made some calls about getting them powder coated. I think I might try and get them painted gray (leave the rubber steps black) to match the front tube bar or the front tube bar painted black to match the nerfs... I'm not sure if It will work out in the end that way... but I'm working on it. I promise to post pictures as things evolve.

P.S. Has anyone else just sat in their Mo in the garage? I'm such a dork.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well all... I have some news to share about my nerf bar idea.

I don't think I can get them painted gray (leaving the steps black). The tips are plastic black. I would have to take them off and put them back on after with the steps leaving them black. I don't think the bar gray with the tips black would look good at all. I'm not if I want to paint the plastic tips either since I don't know how it would look in the end. SO.... I'm thinking, maybe I'll leave the Nerfs black and paint the tube bar black to match now. What do you think??

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
I too sat in my Mo in the Garage!!

You are not alone man! When I first bought her home on Feb 25 I felt guilty taking her back out that night with the wife inside with the kids so the next best thing was sitting parked in the garage. Good luck with the new bars!!

Have I mentioned that Platinum is waaay coool!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay all... so I decided to mount the Black Nerfs... and will get the Front Tube bar painted black. (Has anyone been following my saga?) I just finished mounting them to my Mo... and backed the car out of the garage for one quick picture... sorry it is dark out. I'll take more pictures during day light with some good angles and post them later on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, here are some notes...

It did come with instructions.. but they were only of a diagram, nothing really explaining how to put it together.

I had to remove the front splash guard to hook up a piece on the front sides.

The 2nd side wen't on in half the amount of time since I knew what I was doing... the first side took a little longer to figure out how the pieces fit.

No left over parts. : )

Before I tighten the bar up, I can slide it closer to the car about an inch. This helped with getting in and out and it touching my jeans... but I liked the way it looked all the way out. There is an inch and half between the car and the bar. I liked it out as far as it could go. But nice to know if It is really inconvient, I can slide it in (I would have to losen 4 bolts, slide it in, tighten the 4 bolts.)

It was a fun project !! I LOVE THE RESULTS... even my girl came out and looked at it and Loves it. : )

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Yeah, I think you are going to like it.
I'm a "chrome guy", but I like what I see so far.

Homer

1 - 20 of 37 Posts