Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I washed the murano for the first time. we picked it up from the dealer two weeks ago. the last two weeks has been raining and yesterday was finally a good day and i started in the morning with a wash using dawn, then zaino clay, then Z7 wash, then Z5, Z6, Z2, Z6, Z2, Z6, Z2, Z8. last night my arms were tired from the work, but it was worth it.

i don't have pictures of the final coat of Z8, the pictures are after the last wipe down with Z6. i suppose if you don't know about the zaino products, all these Z#'s makes no sense to you. it was my first time using zaino and i'm glad i spent the money. the murano also have a clear bra on, which is pretty much invisible except from certain angles.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
maximus96-

:29: Damn, that red looks good!

Good luck with your new MO.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Beautiful.
And of course, with the Zaino, it will look that way for as long as you wish it too with minimal maintenance.

Good job.

Can't see the bra. Good job on that too.

Homer

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm pretty excited about this zaino stuff. i read about it for a long time, but never spent the money to try it. i'm glad i finally did. i can't wait to apply it to my frontier and maxima. too bad the initial application takes so long. i spent all day on the murano.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Looks great! What a beautiful color for a MO.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I forgot to mention that its also a nice view of the exterior changes to the 2006 model. Love the aluminum roof rails!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nice shot~

Here's my BK Mo after Black Fire Wash.

Nizmo

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
Looks great! I must say the red looks sharp.

I try and Zanio twice a year, 3 coats for me last fall.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ohh man that sunset is just stunning. you may need a bit more whiping on the passenger side :) . i'm still not to happy about the new SE wheels which would make them perfect as winter wheels here :D awesome job maximus. ordering zaino this week but won't be able to apply for at least a month. darn snow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nissanlove said:
ohh man that sunset is just stunning. you may need a bit more whiping on the passenger side :) . i'm still not to happy about the new SE wheels which would make them perfect as winter wheels here :D awesome job maximus. ordering zaino this week but won't be able to apply for at least a month. darn snow.
yea i wiped up the passenger side. i put one more coat of z2pro after i took these pictures and a final wipedown with Z8. my wife is going to drive it to work tomorrow in the rain, we'll see how it holds up.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ohh man the rain NOOOOO. for some reason it always rains when i wash the cars. BAHH someones out there to get me- paranoia setting in- haha

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
Just remember to apply Zaino with light coats. If you have trouble rubbing it off, you've put it on too thick. If you follow this rule, Zaino is not harder than the other "waxes".

It's a great product.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
My only suggestion

To complement that beautiful color and wax job!

Ditch the front license Plate, if you can.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: My only suggestion

GripperDon said:
To complement that beautiful color and wax job!

Ditch the front license Plate, if you can.
negatory! i use to do that when i was younger in my previous cars...i kept getting pulled over by CA cops.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You missed a spot ;)

Honestly, I'm ticked that Nissan didn't offer red back in 03, when I bought mine. That color is just incredible on the MO.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You're gonna blind someone with that. :26: Enjoy the smokin' ride.

·
Registered
982 Posts
maximus96 said:

my wife is going to drive it to work tomorrow in the rain, we'll see how it holds up.

How did it hold up in the rain? What about after the rain? Still look Zaino'd or back to how it looked before and needs a wash to look Zaion'd again?

Also... what do i need to buy to start my zanio experience? The site has a crap load of stuff to purchase.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the zaino held up very well! my wife drove it in the rain to work and told it the water beaded up and the car was dried when she got to work. she drove back in the rain as well and most of the water was gone except for little streaks here and there like around window trims. next day it looked flawless in the sun, still shiny as it was.

i bought their ultimate or whatever package plus their Z8 grand finale spray. the bare minimum you'll need is Z1 or ZFX and Z2pro or Z5. read their "show car in a day" under tips and faqs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts