Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals. I just bought a 06 Murrano loaded except NAV and DVD (i love it!!). It has the bose 6 disc stereo. I want to integrate my ipod but i HATE the FM modulators. I've searched the forums but i can't find a lot of info on the 06's..............is this possible? The Pac audio site doesn't list the 06's as compatible. Any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just call your local Nissan Dealer. They have a part that integrated the ipod to you factory system. It has to be the same Bose 6 disc changer that is in the 05-06 xterra. It displays on the console and be controlled by the steering wheel controls. You may have to explain that it is for the 05-06, Xterra or Pathfinder because they dont have it listed for the Murano for some reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are they the same bose stereo's in the Pathfinder and murano? The dealership doesn't think they are? Also, if i just took out the bose system and put in an aftermarket DVD/NAV system would it screw up the info screen as far as showing when service is due, backup camera etc.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't know about that one, but the stereo systems are the same if you have the SAT equipped BOSE 6 disc changer. It was a guy in this forum that already had it installed in his Murano. My local Nissan dealer says it should be fine. Plus its a official Nissan product, so you can have them install it(for a fee of course) or you can always return it.

You can always go with the PAC AAI-NIS2 if you have the SAT button as well, but you want be able to control anything but volume with you radio/steering controls. You have to use the IPOD in your hand. You might get tire of that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What type of ipod control does this offer? I just traded in my Mini for the Murano, i had a icelink which is about the same as the oem ipod interface from bmw. All that offered was 5 play list on the preset buttons. There was no browsing. I have been thinking going the harman kardon since that gives full control, then I just saw this post and figured I would look into it.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like a good option. I might prefer it over the nissan component, but you still have to buy the PAC convertor so you can us the Auxilary input. FM modulators suck!
That pushes you above $300. I think the nissan piece is about $200, but it looks like a ***** to install. This Harman Kardon thing looks kinda easy to install. The display is probably better on the Harman product, but it is still a 2nd display. Thats what most people try to avoid if they can.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks! According to that thread, it seems that it gives great control. I am hopefully picking the murano up today, so i will see what they say, and see if i can get them to through that in as part of the deal :) I will let you know what they say.

mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah do that, and if they do let me know how it works. I am debating on getting it or not. If the dispay works as advertised then it a no brainer. Send me some pics when you get it installed.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, after sitting in the dealer for about 5 hours today, I finally have my Murano!! No go on the ipod adapter. They didn't even know what i was talking about. The parts department had to try and find it, and of course he gave me the bit about not being for the murano.

I really want to get some type of verification of what it can do, before i order one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
backward to 04's?

Folks,

Do you suspect ( or know) if this will work with the 04 Bose systems as well. Another way to look at it is - are there any differences in the 04 and 05 Bose systems.

This sounds great.

Chuck

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have researched this question about iPod integration at some length.

Here's what I understand as of 2/25/06:

According to my Nissan dealer, the Nissan iPod upgrade of the '05 and '06 Murano will be available from Nissan in about 2-3 months. The dealer thinks it will likely be the same unit as for the Pathfinder or Xterra but with a different cable harness.

Keep your eye on the following web site for updates: (Search for iPod on this site.)
www.yournissanparts.com

Also, please keep all of us posted on any other information you find.

Thanks,
Alan
[email protected]

·
Registered
93 Posts
alanpgh said:
I have researched this question about iPod integration at some length.

Here's what I understand as of 2/25/06:

According to my Nissan dealer, the Nissan iPod upgrade of the '05 and '06 Murano will be available from Nissan in about 2-3 months. The dealer thinks it will likely be the same unit as for the Pathfinder or Xterra but with a different cable harness.
That is what I was also told by a Nissan dealer last week. I didn't think the wiring would be the same because the display is not internal on the radio so there would need to be some different wiring. My dealer will supposedly contact me when he confirms a part # and availability.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Did you say it has a separate display from the Bose Radio?
Does it use the radio controls and the Murano color display to navigate podcasts, music, etc.? Or is it separate? I assume it does connect to a direct radio input so you can hear the full range of the iPod sound.

I heard the iPod will be stored in the glove compartment.

Any comments you have are appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan
[email protected]

·
Registered
93 Posts
no, it wouldn't have a separate display. I am referring to the Xterra Bose radio that has a single line LCD display built in to the radio whereas the Murano has the separate EXTERNAL screen.

That is one of the reasons I would think the current version won't be an instant plug and play w/out the vehicle specific adapter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2006 non Bose Murano and I installed the PAC with no problem. It works great, and I was told the BOSE works with it too.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts