Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just turned 3k on the new MO. Thought I'd point out some of the annoying "bugs" in this MO. First, has the same problem as my 2005 with the driver's seat front "cowling". It seems (I am a big guy), that downward pressure from my right leg, is pushing the friction/tab lock of the front cowling down to the point where it unlocks from the driver's seat frame tab...and then the cowling disengages and hangs loose :( (very disconcerting when it flips forward and touches my leg as I'm driving). Second, the brake peddle has an annoying "squeak" every time I press down and let up on it. It's like it needs oil. Oh, I'm really missing my Cabernet interior too...a "black" interior, like charcoal, is not really good for 3 teenage kids! It shows all dirt, dust, and grunge...of which they seem to be covered with, all the time.

Other than that...I love this MO too.

Regards,

Big:(

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
big_daddy_mpd-

Another forum member reported a squeaky brake pedal. I remember posting a diagram of the assembly, hoping he could simply squirt a bit of WD-40 on the hinge points. Unfortunately the only remedy was to replace the entire brake pedal assembly, which he did under warranty.

-njjoe

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi I have squeaky brake pedal and lube alone definitely did not work. Cured it for about 10 min and that was about it.

(p.s. I am not that member who had the assembly replaced. Dealer was reluctant to do it.. going to a new dealer.)

·
Junior Mint
43 Posts
I just had the 3K maintenance done on my 2006 Murano too. I have no complaints so far - everything seems to be working fine.

I had the dealership use synthetic oil for the oil change. I used synthetic oil in my previous car and it was very reassuring knowing that it will hold up to the hard driving that I do.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Linky said:
I used synthetic oil in my previous car and it was very reassuring knowing that it will hold up to the hard driving that I do.
Do you race the MO at Daytona or something? :p

·
Registered
324 Posts
big_daddy_mpd said:
Just turned 3k on the new MO. Thought I'd point out some of the annoying "bugs" in this MO. First, has the same problem as my 2005 with the driver's seat front "cowling". It seems (I am a big guy), that downward pressure from my right leg, is pushing the friction/tab lock of the front cowling down to the point where it unlocks from the driver's seat frame tab...and then the cowling disengages and hangs loose :( (very disconcerting when it flips forward and touches my leg as I'm driving).

----- 8<-----snip-----8<-----snip-----8<-----snip-----8<-----snip-----8<-----

Regards,

Big:(
Your not the only one with the seat issue... It's not a very good design,
I finally just popped mine off, and put it in the back storage compartment.
I gave up on trying to keep it clipped on...
I ditto the charcoal issue, but my kid is start at the university, so that's not the issue...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts