Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Rumor also has it that it will use Ford's new 3.5L V6 engine, which makes 250hp through a 6-spd automatic. Coupled with Mazda's traditionally sporty handling, it should be good competition against the Murano.

·
5,244 Posts
Wow! Looking good! Definitely worth considering. It would be interesting to take a test drive.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
That is a sweet looking vehicle....to bad it will not look anything like the pictures by the time it goes into production - especially the interior.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
tampa said:
:eek: will be launched in the North American market in 2006.
The official name for this crossover will be Mazda CX-7. Crossover , hence the "CX".

Mazda has been coming out with some pretty exciting vehicle lately. The Rx8, the mazda3, the new MX-5 miata .
With its "sporty" handling reputation and a bunch of mazda crowd supporting the brand, I can see that mazda will be a stong contender to the japanese big 3 (honda, toyota, nissan).

I just came back from the zoom-zoom live event today in Washington DC for the 2006 MX-5 performance drive challange. Sweeeettt ride! :4:

In the pic below, they put a bowl on the front hood . Then we were told to drive through the cones without dropping any balls that were put inside it at the start line. Every ball dropped is a 2 seconds pinalty. Some guy finish in like 21 secs...:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think it looks great. Love the flared out fenders/wheel wells. Give it character. Also like the dash/console. I wonder what the circular compass screen is used for. Mazda has definitely stepped up in its car designs.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Just don't drop anything on the "P" or "R" button while driving on the freeway.....:D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I wonder if you have to open the front doors to get the back doors open..........Or is the whole thing photoshopped?

Homer

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Just don't drop anything on the "P" or "R" button while driving on the freeway.....:D
Ever tried putting your vehicle in "R" while driving? Won't let you do it. Cars have been protected against that for a very long time.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I am not going to try that on my MO but I bet it can be done while applying pressure to the break pedal.

·
Registered
301 Posts
hfelknor said:
I wonder if you have to open the front doors to get the back doors open..........Or is the whole thing photoshopped?

Homer
Those don't even look like function door handles for the front.

BTW - I've located the borg ship on the console's radar. :D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i've see spy pics of the mazda mx-crossport( street name MX-7) and it looks kinda smallish.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
neo said:
This will be my next car..

4 Doors means it can fit 2 child seats in the back. Whoo-hoo.
Is that an Evo X?

·
Registered
92 Posts
It' the Mitsubishi Sportback Concept. Although the word is it's very close to the production model. Mitsu also showed their Concept X which is similar but is a sedan. The X is not bad, looks a bit like an Acura TSX but more agressive. I think they will do both, pehaps both branded as the Evo X one sedan one hatch. Keeping my eyes open. I love my Mo but a sports car it's not. For an SUV it handles wonderfully but I'll let my wife get the baby mover since she doesn't care about cars.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
these are some new spy pics of the mazda CX-7 crossover sport ute

06 mazda CX-7

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
nissanlove said:
these are some new spy pics of the mazda CX-7 crossover sport ute

06 mazda CX-7
They claim its the larger CX-9 crossover.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i dunno, they also say it'll be replacing the mazda MPV minivan with would be poor on mazda's part. all the car companies are redesigning their vans while mazda is scrapping theirs?? although this "cx-9" does look oddly larger than some cx-7 pics i've seen.

WOHOOO ONE POST AWAY FROM 500

1 - 20 of 21 Posts