Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2020 Platinum AWD to replace my 2010 LE AWD. The 2010 was flawless, so why change. I like a lot of the new safety features. I traded out the 20 inch wheels for 18 inch wheels to get better tire life and performance on snow (for skiing) and gravel roads. By the way, with the rebates, it barely cost me more than by 2010 cost 9 years ago.

1 Is there a way to change to TPMS to show that standard tire pressure should be 33 not 35?
2. The foot activated rear door open feature is unreliable. Is this common, or should I try to get it fixed?
3. Does Android Auto work well on this car? Is it worth using? Since we drive a lot where there is no cell service I don't expect to use it for navigation.
4. Anything else I take special attention to?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Only commenting on #2. I thought the foot activated rear door open feature was not working until I figured it out. I was doing it too slowly, you must kick your foot quickly under the center of the bumper for it to operate correctly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
As far as the Androíd Auto question...you have the feature regardless of if you opt to use it or not so there is no harm in trying it out and seeing how you like it. I personally use CarPlay so I can’t speak on the consistency of the Android Auto side but “worth” is subjective. Try it out. Worse case scenario you don’t like it. No harm, no foul.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Only commenting on #2. I thought the foot activated rear door open feature was not working until I figured it out. I was doing it too slowly, you must kick your foot quickly under the center of the bumper for it to operate correctly.
I had the same experience. Now that I have the hang of it, it works more than 90% of the time on my first try.

·
Registered
412 Posts
3. Does Android Auto work well on this car? Is it worth using? Since we drive a lot where there is no cell service I don't expect to use it for navigation.
I think Android Auto will work fine with offline maps that you can download wherever you have WiFi access. You may have to download the route to your phone via WiFi prior to your trip also.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought a new 2020 Platinum AWD to replace my 2010 LE AWD. The 2010 was flawless, so why change. I like a lot of the new safety features. I traded out the 20 inch wheels for 18 inch wheels to get better tire life and performance on snow (for skiing) and gravel roads. By the way, with the rebates, it barely cost me more than by 2010 cost 9 years ago.

1 Is there a way to change to TPMS to show that standard tire pressure should be 33 not 35?
2. The foot activated rear door open feature is unreliable. Is this common, or should I try to get it fixed?
4. Anything else I take special attention to?

Congrats on your purchase. So how much is a 2020 Platinum AWD out the door with all the rebates?

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on your purchase. So how much is a 2020 Platinum AWD out the door with all the rebates?
You should be able to purchase a Platinum AWD for about $40K with rebates not including taxes, title, license. Watch our for dealer add on fees. Some rebates have residency requirements and others are limited to special conditions (military, student,...). A lot of dealers are trying at add documentation fee, security fee, nitrogen tires, paint finish protection fee, filing fee, etc. that are not disclosed in their advertised price, or only disclosed in fine print at the bottom of the web page.

·
Registered
226 Posts
  1. I am thinking about acquiring another vehicle more in line with the EV trend. My 2015 MO will be turning 4 years in February 2020.
  2. I have spoken with a few connected people to find out if Nissan has any plan for the E-MO. Nobody seems to know. If anyone here has any intel, please do tell.
  3. I am seriously contemplating the idea of getting the MACH-E GT which is currently scheduled for delivery in 2021. The less powerful version will be released in 2020 and already sold out.
  4. If any member here is considering an EV, kindly share your thoughts :)

·
Super Moderator
7,791 Posts
On some TPMS systems, if you fill the tires to a desired pressure then do a reset on the system, it will set the current pressure in the tires as the new alert point. Sometimes the owner's manual will explain this, sometimes not. A dealer service rep may know.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The 2021
  1. I am thinking about acquiring another vehicle more in line with the EV trend. My 2015 MO will be turning 4 years in February 2020.
  2. I have spoken with a few connected people to find out if Nissan has any plan for the E-MO. Nobody seems to know. If anyone here has any intel, please do tell.
  3. I am seriously contemplating the idea of getting the MACH-E GT which is currently scheduled for delivery in 2021. The less powerful version will be released in 2020 and already sold out.
  4. If any member here is considering an EV, kindly share your thoughts :)
The 2021 RAV4 PHEV looks interesting. 39 mile electric range would cover my entire daily commute and should get close to 40mpg as pure hybrid. I will definitely take a look when the become available next summer.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The 2021

The 2021 RAV4 PHEV looks interesting. 39 mile electric range would cover my entire daily commute and should get close to 40mpg as pure hybrid. I will definitely take a look when the become available next summer.
With 302 HP combined, it's the 2nd quickest 0-60 Toyota after the new Supra! How much for that beauty???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts