Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems Kumho has a new tire out that looks very promising
It's the Solus KH15.My local Kumho tire store quoated a price of
$89.00.THIS NOT A MISS PRINT! It a high performance summer tire.
If you go to the Kumho web sit and click on the international link
and the tyre link you can find it there.The TireRack nor Direct Tire
have them yet.There is a web sit you can go to.Its tire-easy.com.
There price is $67.00 per tire,the catch is shipping and handling
it's$134.00 for 4.It's an old scam,charge a crazy low price and nail the sucker with the S&H. Let me know what you guys think of this
tire.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Even at $134 shipping for 4, $67 per tire is a ridiculously low price. I would say go for it, but the low price impels me to say buyer beware.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mrleadfoot-

The Kumho website does not list the 255/60-18 as an available tire size. However the tire-easy site does. I was unable to find any specs (construction, features, rating, etc.) on the tire, nor find out if is rated for (mild) winter use.

It is good to see a new tire available for the MO. Hopefully other tire manufacturers will soon follow suit.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
mrleadfoot said:
It seems Kumho has a new tire out that looks very promising
It's the Solus KH15.My local Kumho tire store quoated a price of
$89.00.THIS NOT A MISS PRINT!
MrLead,

Where's the Pittsburgh Kumho store?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Am I confused?? The tire size on my MO is 235/65/18. Are you guys just using different size tires?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
dalsox said:
Am I confused?? The tire size on my MO is 235/65/18. Are you guys just using different size tires?
Dalsox-

All MOs come shod with 235/65-18 tires. The 255/60-18 is a "plus" size. In this particular case, the "plus" size gives you a tire with the same diameter as stock, but with a larger (wider) footprint.

Many people replace their OEM tires with "plus" sizes when the OEMs are shot. Some car manufactures even list the approved "plus" sizes in the owners manual.

-njjoe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts