Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my recall notice for the new alternator.
Are there any sane, valid, reasons why I wouldn't want my alternator changed?
Up til now, I haven't had any issues with the current one. Have there been any issues so far with the new ones or is it too soon to tell?
Thanx!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I would get it check out in case there is the a possible problem in the future. Do not know if you are passed the warranty on your MO, but this recall will cover it. THat way you can be assured that the fault that Nissan found will not be in your Mo anymore.

The check and installation required should only take two hours, good luck.:29:

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Called the dealer a minute ago....

I am on Vacation this week, so I decided I would give my dealer a call about the alt and it is whining about an oil change.
They quoted me 4 hours.
I asked them if they knew about the proceedure of removing it from the top.
"Yes we do, it may damage things trying it that way so we do it from the bottom."
I said Nissan Canada says to do it from the top.
"We do it from the bottom."
"We disconnect the AC and Radiator."

I told him that it is a very bad idea to disconnect the AC and return my car back in 4 hours. I told him that REAL AC guys know that refrigerant systems must be under vacuum for HOURS before recharging.

"Sorry, this is the way we do it--if you want it done, bring it in, if not, don't."

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyone have the proceedure from the top spelled out so I can bring it with me?

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Thanks, doesn't look like they have to open the AC system to me.

I betcha a million bucks they won't use cardboard like they say though. I see that they only get to charge less than 2 hours for the labor to Nissan.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
1.6hrs for the entire procedure seems pretty quick to me, no wonder some dealers do not want to do the warranty work! Usually a warranty claim pays a much lower labor rate (per hour) than what the dealership normally charges the customer.

Good link to the recall procedure. I agree, they will definitely not use the cardboard!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, that was a good link to the recall procedure.

Now I am really skeptical as to what the Nissan Service Advisor told me. He said my alternator (23100-9Y500RE) does not have to be replaced, but according to the recall procedure that I just read, it should be under the recall campaign since it doesn't match the any of these alternator part numbers:

23100-CN100R LR1110-723ER 2310M-CN10AR LR1110-723SR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts