Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Northstar antenna for the Roadmate today. Threw it up on the roof and it made a vast difference in signal strength
red/yellow green before; blue/green now. All I have to do is figure out a way to permanently install it. Biggest problem going from outside to inside. Somewhere in the sunroof well I think. Just the cable would be easy, but I have to make a hole big enough for the connector to pass through.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like the clean way would be to remove one of the roof rails and the roof rail cover, run the wire from the front of the windshield under the cover and drill a 1/2" hole. put the wire and connector in there and seal it with silicone seal. Then route the wire under the A-pillar molding and along the dash to the unit.
I'm going to South Africa for 3 weeks, and it will probably wait until I get back. I plan to do a relocate on the Amsoil filter setup to shorten the hoses, so I will have plenty of projects waiting!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Traumatic drilling a hole in the roof, especially since there about 4 layers of steel under the rail.
Lots of silicone and it as good as new

1 - 3 of 3 Posts