Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:4:
Just sat in a new Armada. Dealer had one on the showroom floor.
Man is this thing big! My wife is selling her Chrysler Minivan and I am trying to convince her to buy this machine. (although) she is wrangling for the Murano) :3: Lots of room and the interior is pretty slick.
ivnurse

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
ivnurse said:
:4:
Just sat in a new Armada. Dealer had one on the showroom floor.
Man is this thing big! My wife is selling her Chrysler Minivan and I am trying to convince her to buy this machine. (although) she is wrangling for the Murano) :3: Lots of room and the interior is pretty slick.
ivnurse

like the one-touch power tailgate door????

opens and closes with one touch.............. nice.........

(kinda wish MO did that!)

·
4,664 Posts
I sat in one too. Reminds me of a tank. I don't find it attractive either. But it's great if you have to impress your friends with how large your vehicle is. I'm sure they'll sell lots of black ones with chrome wheels and tinted windows... Bling Bling!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Armada

Three Numbers: 305HP 385fp of torque and 9200 lb towing capacity.
After looking and driving the new Armada It is way to large for my taste but the numbers are incredible for Nissan's first large SUV and the Titan is going to give the large truck market a run for their money. Although the truck does look like a tank.
Randy

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: Armada

ivnurse said:
Three Numbers: 305HP 385fp of torque and 9200 lb towing capacity.
After looking and driving the new Armada It is way to large for my taste but the numbers are incredible for Nissan's first large SUV and the Titan is going to give the large truck market a run for their money. Although the truck does look like a tank.
Randy
I think the new Titan is a fantastic truck. However, I have read reviews where the writers have commented that because Nissan isn't offering "commercial type" versions of the truck, i.e. stripped down barebones models, diesel versions, or heavy duty versions, it may lose out to the domestics for the commercial customer crowd who do not purchase trucks for the luxury aspect. While the Toyota Tundra doesn't have a heavy duty model, it does have a base model that can be used as the workhorse beater truck. It will be interesting to see how many luxury truck buyers go for the Titan, which appears to be very competitive with the new Ford F150.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Those are some nice numbers. And yes, it is a tank ;)

I too like the Titan, but yes, I think Nissan needs to rethink why people buy trucks. Sure, there are a handful of folks who will buy a truck/kinda-truck (Avalanche, or the Caddy version of the same truck) just to look big and tough (or bling) and not actually haul anything... and then there are normal people who use a truck for its truckness. These are the guys who have a Rhino Liner ;)

Maybe Nissan will release a stripped down version after their first year run.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have a hard time thinking Nissan would even want to compete in the "stripped down, bare bones work truck" business.

That's like saying I'm going to try and beat Wal-Mart at their own game. Nissan has stated that all vehicles will be profitable to build and sell or they won't build them or sell them.

I believe that the "bare bones" segment is almost all sold on a fleet basis, at very little true profit dollars, and very few single unit sales. I suspect it builds unit sales volume for marketing purposes, and may help lower unit production costs.

I think their approach is correct, go for the "recreational" truck buyer who's looking for towing capacity and interior space for their family. Maybe a combination use of some "small business" but also significant personal use.

Once a toe hold is the market established, then consider increasing the models offered in order to build unit volume, but I wouldn't start there.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am waiting to see what the next Pathfinder will look like (hoping very similar to the Dunehawk concept shown on this board). The Armada is definetly a nice machine, but for me it is a little too big and the gas mileage is stated at 13 and 18. The 19 MPG city I see in the Murano is a low as I really want to go.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I have a feeling Nissan will take the Murano in the way of Toyota's 4runner, which is to market it as the offroad alternative to the crossover Murano (like Toyota does to the highlander). My guess, 3.5L V6 standard, with the Armada's V8 as an option during a mid-model makeover maybe 1-2 years after the new Pathfinder is introduced. However, by then, I would not be surprised if all midsized SUV's had V8s as standard, seeing how the trend is to put crazy power into SUVs and terrible fuel economy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts