Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Alin and I have an 2003 Nissan Murano. I’m happy to know that you share a lot of good information regarding audio system on this car. My question that I have is that somebody know were I can get the remote wire for the amplifier because I did some changes in my audio system . The problem that I have is that I’m using now accessory wire to remote start the amps. When I have radio off, I got noise in speakers because the amps are on. One more little problem that I have is that I have a very low engine noise in my speakers. I used some good cables for my amps and a good Hi to Low converter ( Rockford Fosgate cables and converter)

Thanks,

Alin

PS: I have attached some pictures with my system...

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
Hi Alin, got your email thanks, but thought I'd reply here instead, just in case someone else might learn something... (including me!)

You've identified two small boxes off the Bose, labelled "HiLow". Can you give more detail on this? The reason I ask, is you may be getting noise from the amp in an idle state, if the gain is turned up too high from not having the correct conversion on Bose's balanced outputs to the needed unbalanced input of your added system.

Also, looking at the service manual, there's a suggestion that the amp on signal from the Bose may be high, when the ignition is turned on. It's not completely clear if this switches the Bose amp on/off with the radio. A couple of seconds with a multimeter would sort this out. Does your amp want to see +12v to turn on, or a ground?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Wow. I knew I recognized those subs... good old W7s. ;)
If I'm lucky I'll get time to install mine this weekend.

jaak said:
Also, looking at the service manual, there's a suggestion that the amp on signal from the Bose may be high, when the ignition is turned on. It's not completely clear if this switches the Bose amp on/off with the radio. A couple of seconds with a multimeter would sort this out.
I believe the amp on signal for the Bose is on with the accessory. If you park somewhere REALLY quiet, roll up the windows, turn the key to accessory and turn the radio off, you can hear the speakers hiss.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
WOW...thats a lot of speakers! I am sure it sounds great! :29:

Do you have anything else done to your car? I noticed a different set of rubbers on the wheels. Different rims perhaps?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi,
The Hi-Low boxex that you see in the diagram are 2 DEI Hi to Low signal Converters and there is about 1/4 of level set on this converters. My amps need +12V for remote. Anyway if I can have a -12V that is runing wiith the rario on/off is going to be perfect for me. I can do a polarity change using a relay. I think that BOSE amp is running on the accessory remote.....

·
4,664 Posts
Do you have a Bose? And if so, are your converters attached to the speaker outputs from the Bose amplifier, or the head unit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes, I have Bose head unit, and my convertosr are attached to the bose amplifier (output signal). I've tried with HU output and didn't work. I don't know why...

·
4,664 Posts
OK, just checking... The outputs from the head unit are line level, but they're balanced, not unbalanced signals. So you'd need an active converter, or a transformer that's flat for the desired audio frequencies, to make the conversion.

I asked, because I suspected you might be picking up noise if you were using the converters you have, on this. But you're not. So, never mind!;)

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
alinvictor said:
Like you see is true... I have changed my rims and I got 20" Chrom rims and low profile tires...
PICS?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Nice set-up. Do you have any dimming from the lights when the bass hits? I do....I'm going to upgrade the B- ground to 4AWG wire. I've heard this stops a lot of it....I ever have a 5 farad cap too....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts