Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I went to my dealer and got a new brake pads. Apparently my old brake original front pads were causing the noise whenever I drive out my driveway. According to the dealer, the new pads were suppose to fix the noise problem. Well, its now been 2500 miles since replacing the original pads and still making the noise. In fact, I feel the noise is more frequent and louder than the first pad. Do i have to wait to to about 5000 miles or what, mabe this annoyance wil go away.

Is this common problem...should I take it back? Need advice

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I get some squeaks when I first move the car in the AM... it doesn't do it after a couple hundred feet and then nothing for the rest of the day even after it has been sitting at work.

There is a TSB to replace the pads as your dealer did to resolve it but either they didn't replace them and just tried something else or there is another issue.

·
the rally racing nut
83 Posts
many braking systems require a little bit of heat in order to work properly. In fact carbon fiber (not on the MO) brakes work the best when they are the hottest. I am not sure if there is a bigger problem here, but if it is only when the car is still cold, i wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts