Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and just bought an 05 Murano this past Sunday. As my luck has it, I was rear-ended on my way home yesterday. Lost a little paint from the bumper, but not much damage from what I can see.

Does anyone know the best place to get touch up paint (my Murano is Merlot) and a bumper guard? I've read the posts for the old style one, but does anyone know where I can find the new style 06 bumper guard?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Rubell-

When you say "bumper guard" I assume you are referring to the aluminum/plastic guard that sits on top of the rear bumper. Is that correct? If so, that guard can be purchased from your dealer's parts department. The plastic one for the 2005 model cost me $29. The dealer should also be able to get you a small bottle of the Merlot paint.

-njjoe

·
Registered
389 Posts
Rubell, sorry to hear of the incident. I provided the name and website of an excellent auto body shop in your other thread.

I recommend you pick-up a tow hitch. It's amazing how other drivers will stay a little further away when you've got a tow hitch on your car. And, as a safety point, it will keep a car from going under your bumper and ripping apart your exhaust system (as someone did to me back in 2003.) If someone is going to rear-end me, I want to make sure they get much more damage than I do. The tow hitch really helps with that! :p

Bob

·
Registered
358 Posts
I second the bumper hitch.

And put a pintle hitch ("military" hitch) in the receiver. With the jaws open. I did this with my truck when people kept tailgating in "rush" hour traffic. A woman in a Taurus rear-ended me one fine afternoon. I got a little scratch on my receiver. The jaws went through her radiator. When the tow truck hitched her up and we pulled them apart, the radiator came out on my hitch.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
UncaDanno said:
...The jaws went through her radiator. When the tow truck hitched her up and we pulled them apart, the radiator came out on my hitch.
Where can I get one of them jaws?????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts