Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is just starting up a new business: The Executive Car Club of Seattle.

Essentially it's an exotic car rental company, but run more like a club. The idea is that you buy a membership into the club, then have discounted rental rates.

Current cars are:
BMW Z3
Prosche Boxter
Lotus Elise

Future possible cars (if the company takes off):
Hummer
Masserati Coupe
Aston Martin DB9
Ferrari F355 Spider
etc.

Obviously this is a club for people who have additional money to spend on some serious entertainment expenses. People that would love to have an Elise, for example, but it doesn't make sense for them because they already have 2 family cars. They can sign up with the club and be able to drive the Elise when they wanted for a modest expense.

Please check it out and let me know what you think of the idea. Obviously most people on this forum won't be interested since it's located here in Redmond, WA, but I'm still interested to hear your comments/suggestions.

Web site is here:
http://www.eccos.net

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Well, it works with Boats............

Seriously if somebody is going to go into business and advertise, they need to talk to somebody who writes better than this.

in the Faq - "Lucrative cost"? There is no such thing as a Cost that is lucrative.

In the explanation of the Silver and gold memberships......
20% OF the list price, etc is obviously meant to say 20% OFF the list price.

I wouldn't be interested.

But attention to detail is a requirement of anybody that is going into business. Look at the complaints around here concerning dealers............

I wish your friend all the luck in the world.

Homer

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
That is a wonderful idea. Have your friend conntact some private country clubs (you know...those with annual memberships equal to what I make in 10 years) and negociate to have his club services offered to them at a discount. If it works, send me a commission!

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments, guys. Keep them coming.

He's working on cleaning up the text and filling in more information, so Homer, this is exactly what he needs to hear.

And he's already thought about providing a services within some high-priced downtown Bellevue/Redmond condos where residents could essentially rent the cars out of their own lobby. But that's the plan AFTER the club takes off. The initial year or two is focusing on making sure the idea works.

Homer, you mentioned boats. Are you familiar with similar clubs with boats? I'd be interested in that! :) My friend is also toying with the idea of adding a boat to the lineup. Perhaps if there is a similar club in the area already doing that, the two clubs could work together.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
THere are several here in Florida, because we boat year around.
However that is not a requirement of a successful Boat club. (But it sure helps, i would think!)
One of the biggest is Freedom Boat Club.
Google it.
This is the simplest arrangement.
You pay X dollars and you can take any boat out at anytime on a first come first serve basis. There is no additional Fee or "rent" as your friend is proposing.

There are also some that are more or less along the lines of the "exotic cars".
and that is also along the lines of Private aircraft.
That is, it is a shared ownership deal where you own some percentage of the Craft, be it a yacht or an Airplane.

Homer

S

·
0 Posts
Wow! Great idea. I love that Porsche. :D I should buy one and rent it out for a few years to try and help pay it off lol

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sounds like a great idea!
Wonder what the insurance coverage is going to cost, though.

Good luck to your friend!

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
elliotgb said:
Sounds like a great idea!
Wonder what the insurance coverage is going to cost, though.

Good luck to your friend!
That was a big issue, but after a LOT of digging and talking with all kinds of insurance companies, he managed to pull off some very good coverage and very resonable prices. If there's one thing this friend of mine knows how to do, it's finding the good deals on all things car-related.

He's practically driven his cars (high-end mercedes) for free ever since I've known him by buying cars at a great price that are a couple years old, driving them for a couple years, then selling them for the same amount he paid for them. It's one of the reasons he thinks he can make this business work, and I think he has the ability to do so. I'm hoping, anyway! I'm gonna have fun in the Elise! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts