·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a first glance...

Good:

Beefy Engine

Aggressive styling

Luxury appointments for a sub-40k price.

DVD-based GPS Nav, 6-disc CD, BA speakers, Sirius Sat radio, Bluetooth phone integration

Bad:

It's a Chrysler :p

Beefy engine consumes a lot of go-juice

Not nearly as sporty in appearance as the MO

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
It actually is supposed to be pretty good on fuel.
From Chrysler's website:
The V8 uses a Multi Displacement System (MDS) that allows the engine to operate on four-cylinders when power demands are minimal and/or light for up to 20% more fuel efficiency. So you get the power of a V8 with the economy of a large V6. (EPA estimated mpg: 17 city/ 25 highway)

340 HP and 380 ft/lb torque = who cares! :2:

Sweet ride...my dad and i are going to look at one for him soon.

·
4,601 Posts
I know I'm dating myself, but something about the front of it reminds me of the Green Hornets car. So if it was black and came with Bruce Lee in a Chauffeur's outfit, that would rock...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Chrysler 300C

Chrysler : October 2004 Incentives. Chrysler 300C 5.7 Hemi.
$3000.00 cash back or free Chauffeur for one year.

·
5,244 Posts
interesting concept - rear wheel drive (more than likely input from MB), V8 engine with modern technology (disconecting cylinders for added fuel economy), not bad looking (at least on photos).

Questions: built quality, performance, handling..........We all love Muranos, but we should not be blind..........

:D

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
I really like the look of this car...its definitely discernable from the others on the street.

Now all it needs are some chrome exhaust tips with that audible V8 rumble coming out of the rear

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's a nice car indeed....but not so crazy about the rear...it doesn't work that well with the rest of the car. Anyways Iit's kind of hard to compare to the Murano really. But this is a Chrysler I can see myself owning!

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Just for the heckuvit, I "built" one of these at cars.com just now, and with the built-in nav, 6-disc cd/mp3 player :18: and power sunroof, it still only came out to $33k sticker! I own my Mo full out, and if my dealer continues to pi--, uh, aggravate me, I might have to stroll in to the Chrysler dealer, title in hand. I do know that after my first 180 in next year's snow, I'd come crawling back here, though :)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Actually the RWD 300 was conceived of before the DC union. However, its a better car than originally designed since it has E-class components (rear suspension and transmission).

The 300C (the one with the hemi) is a nice powerful car, but its price will mean that it will not match the quality of other large luxury sedans in its class (and at twice the price). And its not likely to handle as well as RWD sports sedans in its price range such as G35 or 325i.

What I think is cool is that an AWD version will be offered as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The 300's Dodge twin, the Magnum, has got a real bada$$ look to it. More sporty, less lux. Kinda like a Murano vs. FX.

Something about the zoot-suit rear end on the Dodge gives it that edginess. You can also get it with the Hemi dropped in the front as well.

:22:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Chrysler 300C

I think its a sharp looking ride. Saw it on ESPN today on their Chicago Auto Show coverage show. Looks Gangster. Also showed it in a comparison with Rolls Royce based on looks, not performance, price, etc.... The Chrysler looks like the Roll's little brother. As I said before, it looks like it should come with a Chauffer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts