Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan’s AZEAL Coupe, the first concept car created at the new Nissan Design America, Inc. studios in Farmington Hills, Mich., is set to debut at the 2005 North American International Auto Show in Detroit in early January. The AZEAL Coupe Concept is a fresh interpretation of the small sports coupe – an affordable, high performance entry-level coupe with an emphasis on personality and aggressive styling.

Not exactly my cup of tea.

Homer

Attachments

·
5,268 Posts
It looks interesting. I guess it is matter of taste. Many people hate the new Cadillac look, I just love it.

Anyway, picture not alway does the justice.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I'm a sucker for concept/futuristic styling. That's why I bought the MO!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
commin from a 17 year old, this new design looks super cool. the rims sell me haha. it looks awesome

·
4,664 Posts
The hood's too high, especially where it meets the windshield.

Lower the hood, even if you have to have it bulge up over the front wheels, and it would look good.

I'd give the designer a 65% on that one. A pass, but not high marks. Make the changes and he gets a 90%

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
You nailed it! WOW somebody must have had a recurrent dream. Jaak Look at the HOOD!

·
Registered
110 Posts
New Concept Car

Looks like Audi TT to me :2:

·
5,100 Posts
I like the TT ok but this IMHO is a WOW!

·
Registered
443 Posts
edit: Wow, I didn't realize just how alike they really look until I put them next to each other like that. It's about as close to a concept -> production translation I've seen.

Maybe Nissan will have a nice lawsuit on their hands :)

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I dont think one vehicle manufacturer can sue

the other manufacturer just because their design look a like...
There is no "copyright" or :trademark" on design cue(s).
Unless it is a direct copy, they have no case...
Lawyers/patent expert, correct me if i am wrong.

Halo wrote: Maybe Nissan will have a nice lawsuit on their hands

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
If it goes into production, I'm sure nissan will soften up the lines. The Murano concept was had a lot more sharp lines than the production version.

Personally I like the design. Its modern and sporty. A nice contrast to the "retro" design of the new domestic models.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I remember reading that Hummer is suing another car company because a new car they were coming out with looks too much like the Hummer. Haven't heard anymore about it though so I don't know what happened with it. I saw the car though and it did look an awful lot like a Hummer.

·
Registered
443 Posts
SugarRushMurano said:
the other manufacturer just because their design look a like...
There is no "copyright" or :trademark" on design cue(s).
Unless it is a direct copy, they have no case...
Lawyers/patent expert, correct me if i am wrong.

Please note the ----> :) <------------ at the end of my statement. You gotta admit though, those two cars look an awful lot alike.

Toyota is as guilty as anyone else... those front turn signals are a direct copy of BMW's 5 series 'eyebrow' turn signals.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
IN defend to 'look alike' vehicle model...

instead of admitting "copying the design idea form other manufacturer", usually they use the phrase:
" all good things look alike..." :rolleyes:

·
5,100 Posts
For Example: Tiger's Wife and her Sister. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts