Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the CVT replaced last week at 63k, as reported in "CVT failed". Went to pick up the car, and had a nice, 9" crack in the windshield with a 90 degree turn right in the middle. Oddly enough, the crack ended exactly in the center of the "spit ring" indicative of where I hang my Sirius Sportster Replay. But I took the radio with me to use in the rental so it didn't happen while anything was attached.

I showed the service guy I normally deal with and he said he'd have to clear replacing the windshield with the service manager before scheduling anything. Showed it to the service manager a day or two later, and..

Him: "Oh yeah, there was definitely a crack there when we returned the car to you! I meant to bring it up to the guy who owns this repair before he gave it back to you."
Me: "I know it was there when I picked up the car. The problem is it wasn't there when I dropped it off."
Him: "Well, I don't know how that could have happened here."
Me: "Neither do I, but it did. My father-in-law suggested that maybe someone closed the hood with a tool resting near the windshield wipers."
Him: "Couldn't have, they don't open the hood to replace the transmission. See, they put the car on a lift, and pull the transmission out of the bottom of the car."
Me: "But don't you guys do a free 30-point inspection every time the car enters your garage? You know, check the battery, fluids, etc.?"
Him: "No." (Bill Ray Nissan in Deland, FL does, that's what made me ask)
Me: "Okay, well, still doesn't change the fact that the windshield broke while it was here. Oh, and I also know where your father lives. My uncle was his neighbor. My family has bought 15 cars here."
Him: [Looks at the starting end of the crack] "Hmm, I see two chips here. Okay, well, I'll check the videotapes from the security cameras watching the garage and parking lot and get back to you."
Me: "You've had the car a week. That's a lot of tape."
Him: "Well, I need to see how this happened. I'll need a little time and I'll get back to you, okay?"
Me: "Good enough. Talk to you soon."

As I drove away, I realized how stupid of a suggestion it was that they replace the transmission without disconnecting the battery. Also, I lost my seat memories and all my radio presets so they obviously did disconnect the battery.

I called on Friday and left a message asking "when he plans to replace the windshield". He called back a couple hours later and said he approved it and will order the glass first thing Monday.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
EasternPA-

I just love when the reps at the dealer lie to your face. They must assume everyone outside of their little world are clueless idiots.

-njjoe

·
Registered
263 Posts
njjoe said:
EasternPA-

I just love when the reps at the dealer lie to your face. They must assume everyone outside of their little world are clueless idiots.

-njjoe

Very true, indeed..
And, it's funny to see they are the clueless idiots after all.
Make you wonder, how many ole granny they got away with?

NZM

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Good story. "we don't open the hood when we replace the transmission...." :D :D :D :D

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
“Couldn't have, they don't open the hood to replace the transmission. See, they put the car on a lift, and pull the transmission out of the bottom of the car." Nice, so technically I can lock Mo from the remote and they should be able to change the trany anyway? That’s impressive.:2:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I would think a good number of the forum members know when the dealer is trying to pull a fast one and is lying, but what about the others who don't know better? Like Nizmo said, what about the ole grannies? For that reason I do not cut the dealers any slack when they boldly lie to me. An honest mistake I can forgive, but a bold lie I cannot.

-njjoe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts