Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
Check this out. Today I was parked on a hill, When I was ready to leave for whatever reason I put the Mo in R and took the parking break off and proceeded to rool 1/4 mile forward down the hill with the Mo in "R". Has this happend to anyone else or is this something new my Mo has less than 7k mi on it.
Thanks
Emtee

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the MO was running the hill was not to steep I would guess maybe between 5 % grade .

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
a quarter of a mile downhill while the car was supposed to go in the other direction? First, I would have shat myself, and then hit the brakes. This whole process would have taken approximately 2 seconds. You definitely need to see the dealer. This is something to cause a ruckus about!

·
Registered
470 Posts
If the engine was at idle, I don't think it is unusual for the car to roll down hill. My toyota will roll backwards down a hill when in Drive if I don't apply the gas. It isn't the transmission but the torque converter which is slipping when the engine is at idle as it is suppose to do. Similar to pushing in the clutch in a manual mode auto.

·
4,601 Posts
Sounds pretty normal to me, except I'm curious why you would let it go for more than a few feet without putting on the brakes...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks Jaak..... I was wondering the same thing. I have a long ramp to get in and out of where I live. If I should need to stop on it, I roll backwards. All my vehicles do this. Even when I need to "back up" the ramp, in reverse, it is the same effect, it rolls the opposite direction, down the ramp. I thought this was a normal function of the torque converter. My Mercedes had HDC (hill decent control). That was really cool how it worked, but I just use the brakes on my Murano.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts