Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to upgrading the door speakers and amp. There isn't an Eclipse dealer in my area anymore, so I went with MB Quart. I have the 218.61Q set in the front, and the PKC116 with upgraded Musicomp crossover in the rear. I'm using one Zapco Reference 150 amp each for the front and rear.

Combined with the JL Audio 10W7 (HO Wedge box) and Zapco Reference 750, this should be a pretty nice setup. One thing I'm worried about is the titanium tweeters sounding too bright.

The installer is currently doing his magic. I'll be picking up the Murano later tonight and I'll post my opinion and some pictures of the install soon.

·
Registered
541 Posts
sounds cool...I need to get on my system

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I'm droolin here....

Dammit, common mg get ur azz in gear!

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, there isn't anything for me to take a picture of!

The speakers are all in the factory locations, the amps are under the front seats and the crossovers are up under the dash. There isn't anything visible at all!

The sound is absolutely fantastic. I can understand words in songs I've never been able understand before. I set the tweeter gain to -6db on the rear crossovers, and -4db on the front crossovers, and it's not too bright at all.

:18:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Are you still using your factory head unit?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For now. The person who did the install is really knowledgeable, and I'll be talking to him as to what to do when I get the money to add a DVD system.

A nice setup he did in an MDX this week involved the following:
A 15" drop down display for the back seat.
DVD input to the rear camera display in the front seat.
A switch to allow the rear camera to be used in the front seat while the 15" drop down is being used for DVD, since it blocks the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been checking out the components you listed, and it sounds like a sweet setup. Can you take a picture of your JL Audio 10W7 (HO Wedge box)? I'd like to see how much room it takes up, the direction (facing to the front or back), etc.. Thanks, Glenn

·
Registered
94 Posts
Check this out. I was in my MO this morning in the parking lot (still dark out), and I was cranking my MB Quart RCE216s (to 22 on the volume scale), when I noticed a glow coming from the crossovers.
The fuses were red like a toaster oven. I quickly turned the volume down, and they stopped glowing. Should that be happening? I am powering them with a JL Audio 300/4 amp (75 watts to each speaker in front, and 150 bridged to the sub in back.
For now, I'll be keeping the volume below 15.
Thanks in advance.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's kind of scary. I would worry that the fuses were about to blow. I don't play mine very loud, but these speakers can supposedly handle a LOT of power.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think he takes any pictures of installs he does.

You can call him at 613.837.0987
Ask for Martin and don't worry if they answer in French, they also speak English. :)

·
4,994 Posts
Thanks I'll call right now. :D

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please post what he says, I'm curious. :)

·
4,994 Posts
Talked to Martin, Explaind I have Video composite and RGB available an need the screen etc. He said he will call me back, I'll keep you posted. Don

1 - 15 of 15 Posts