Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just recently started happening to me:

All doors are unlocked.
Shut off ignition, remove key, open drivers door, get out, close door.
Try to open drivers door....locked.
Pull handle second time, door opens.
Close door.
Try to open again, same problem. Door is locked.
Pull handle a second time, door opens!

Rear door remains unlocked.

????????????

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I think I have seen threads on this issue. I understand the problem is that when you grab on to the inside door handle to open it, without knowing it your hand makes contact with the lock button and pushes it down. When you slam the door closed, it moves forward just enough to sort of lock it. The first time you try to open it, it does not because it is sort of locked but when you try, you are also moving the inner lock levers so it sort of unlatches and it unlocks for the second try.
Next time you open the door pay close attention to the inside lock button and you will see what I mean. This is due to bad design and I think the solution others have come up with is to remove the door panel and actually undo the link going to the lock button on the drivers side so that you could no longer accidentally lock the door.

·
Registered
357 Posts
True it is easy to nudge the lock button. But I note jbar has a '03 and if his VIN # is 223383(AWD) or 112422 (2WD) or earlier built before March 4/03 check out www.nissanhelp.com

This site details all (I think) current TSBs for the Murano, and other Nissan products, the relative TSB to this problem being NTB03-033

1 - 3 of 3 Posts