Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent about a half hour total yesterday installing the Hoen Fogs and PIAA Xtreme White 194 bulbs I got. I really like the results, check it out.

·
5,268 Posts
Congratulations! They really look great, don't they!

I installed Hoens too, now the turn for PIAA Xtreme White 194. Where did you buy them?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounddomain

Awesome price and really great customer service.

I think they were 15 shipped.

Forgot to mention how scratched up my arms were after doing the passenger side fog light. It was a real pain in the @$$.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yep, I think I STILL have scars from that. I decided when I finished that if that one burns out, the bumper is coming off next time!

·
5,268 Posts
Sw1tched said:
Sounddomain

Awesome price and really great customer service.

I think they were 15 shipped.

Forgot to mention how scratched up my arms were after doing the passenger side fog light. It was a real pain in the @$$.
Ha, ha...............I know exactly what you mean......

I actually pulled entire lamp assembly. I found it much easier to do it that way.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Looking sweet!

I hate the dreaded fog light replace...can almost picture the japanese engineers laughing when the looked at those blueprints

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I am 6'2" but not that large, however I can seem to get the passenger fog lamp out or remove the bulb. I removed the front splash gaurd that is in front of the wheel AND I CAN see a bolt head at the bottom of the lamp HOUSING, If I can ever get that out will that RELEASE THE FOG LAMP? WHAT else is there to do? Really appreciate some help. Thanks Grip :D

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
If you remove the bolt (I thought it was at the top, but it's been a while), you can push the lamp assembly foreward out through the bumper. It has pawls and offers quite a bit of resistance, but it does snap out. Be ready to catch it!

·
5,100 Posts
I thought it was suppossed to be on top also,but I can't see one there or feel it either, Has me in a stew and as an old fart my rotor cuff is killing me.

·
5,100 Posts
I GOT ! Just tried the Syvania Silverstars and the Hyper Whites from American Auto Accessories. THe Hyper Whites are the better of the two and much cheaper. HOWEVER neither one come close enough to the HID OEMS from Nissian that came with the MO. Got to look for higher Temps. Suggestions? Grip :D

·
5,100 Posts

·
5,100 Posts
I am finally happy with my FOG lamps, the KYO's in standard wattage at 4500K are to ym eye perfect, GRIP, GRIP, HURRAY :2:

I have replaced them so many times I have even developed a method so I can do the passerenger side in snap.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Aren't you worried that the KYO bulbs you got will be too hot (80 watts)?

·
5,100 Posts
NOPE got the standard version Superbean EX at 55W. Grip :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Right, I didn't notice those. Are they brighter than the Hoen fogs?

·
5,100 Posts
Probably not, but I chose them for color balance with the HID headlights. For some reason I got determined to get a really great color match. In general keeping the wattage constant and sticking with tungnestn (sp) filaments, raiseing the color temp will actually reduce the lumance. In this case I was only going up a few hundred degrees K, so I would guess the effective brightness is less than 8% different, hard to see but the color is easy to see. Since the construction of the lamp housing etc is not plastic the 80Watters may be OK for the lamp, maybe even for the surronding. I really don't know.Grip :D

·
5,100 Posts
After having lived with them a while I am going to go for the higher watt bulds about 12 more watts, Touching the Fog Lamp housings and the area around them after a long time being on makes me feel comfortable. I sure wish I could change the optics to get a narrow beam out of them so they could be a driving light not a fog lamp. GRIP :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Guys'

I need help. I got to the fog lamp. Do you unclip the connector? If yes, how. Do you turn the bulb with the connector attached? I see the bolt on top of the housing but with the connector attached it probably won't come out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's OK Guys,

I figured it all out. Now can someone suggest a good first aid cream for my arms.

The Hoen fogs look great. Now the city lights look really amber. Too bad Hoen didn't have them in stock. I think I'll go with the Piaa bulbs for the city lights.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Grip...fog lights

Hey Grip,

Have you changed out your fog lights to the KYO's in your new MO? If so, are the bulbs a close match to the Xenon color.....I need to do something...The fogs look bad along side the Xenons.

Jay

1 - 20 of 43 Posts