Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Yeppers! I did a poor photoshop of it on my MO to get an idea of what it would look like

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks nice....

That's always been my only complaint about the Murano, is that the front grill just doesn't compliment the rest of the cutting edge style. However the new one looks great...imo

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yea, I saw that one the other day. Looks pretty nice but I will wait for comments by others on how it actually fits, the finish and mounting hardware. The grill on the MO is fairly substantial under the hood and I would be curious as to how the aftermarket one is made. Being made of SS, it's gonna be a pita to keep it looking sharp. Any one remember the Delorean?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
DO I remember the Delorean?

That is weird looking car #2 on my list to purchase! Since I was akid I was really into that car and came really close to buying one a few years ago. If you ever want to research them check out www.entermyworld.com. Its a great site for all your deloran needs.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I (Along with millions of others) had SS mufflers on my Mustang.
NO sweat. Certainly no more problem than Chrome and after 6 years they still looked new.
IMO the only problem with the finish on the D was fingerprints.
Along with Boot marks when the doors wouldn't open.

That new grill is available somewhere else. Did a search but didn't find, but we have definitly seen that grill around here.

I'm not too concerned with how "substantial" the current grill is.
It's plastic for crying out loud.

I would STILL like to see more grills.

I have the feeling that I would like one that is a bit more "open".
And I know I want it in chrome......but would settle for SS.

Homer

·
Registered
203 Posts
What I mean by substantial is that under the hood a lot of the grill is used for finishing off where the grill meets the front end and if this SS one is not made the same way, you will end up with unsightly holes or major unfinished areas if you prefer. Regarless of whatever material it may be made of, it still serves 2 purposes. Exterior look and interior finishing.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I like the look of that grille but I do believe that a chrome one would be much better, plus after reading that they are going to be selling the MO in japan in a bit I think that we will definitely see some new grilles rolling out...

I may have to get the grille anyways just to see how hard it is to install and to see what it looks like in person. I am TOO hands on.

The other thread referred to within this one mentions a possible group buy. After I get the pushbar I may head that up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts