Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there everyone.

I have read a substantial amount of info on this forum but would like some additional info.

My heart is set on a 2004 SE AWD in Pewter with either black or cabernet leather interior. Could someone please convince me my windows will not be ratteling like crazy and the CVT won't freak out. There seems to be a wiper issue, is this true? What are the good and the bad in your overall perspective? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey snow, glad to see that you're interested in such a great vehicle!

Let me start off by saying I've had a completely trouble free Murano since March 2003. I haven't experienced any glitches with my CVT at all. In fact, the CVT works so flawlessly that I can't imagine owning another vehicle without it. To this day the rattles have been quiet, and I'm at 7500 miles. Everytime I get in this car it becomes more and more of a pleasure to drive, daily tasks just don't seem the same.

The windshield wipers seem to be very cheap to me but they get the job done. And at that point I'm being really picky to try to find something that I'm not totally satisfied with in my ride. If you haven't done so already I'd take one out for a test drive and give the car a whirl, see what fits you best. I know for my money the MO was the best vehicle for me.

Please keep in mind that's there's only a select few with these so-called CVT problems, although I'm sure they do exist. Keep in mind that problems of that nature can exist on any vehicle, not just the Murano.

I can guarentee if after you test drive it and you like the way it feels you'll be nothing but happy after a purchase. Hope this helps you out a little in your decision. :D

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No need to tell me the benifits of a CVT tranny as I have been heavily into them with ATVs and Snowmobiles for the last 15 years. IMHO, it is the smoothest and most effective transmission bar none.

As for test driving, I did have the chance to take one out for a spin and this is why my heart is set. Simply awesome and fills my needs just perfectly. I will be trading up from a 02 Acura 3.2TL type S. Just needed/wanted the extra cargo space and the AWD. Did'nt want or need an all out 4X4 and wanted comfort and sportyness. The overall look/features are just right for my tastes/needs. I will be going for another test drive where I will go over everything with a fine tooth comb but I have a feeling I will be ordering one in the next couple of weeks. Awesome forum by the way, keep up the good work.

The window rattle or any rattle is a pet peeve of mine and if this does develop it will haunt me to no end until it gets fixed. For those of you who did have this annoying issue, was it fixed for good and to your satisfaction after it was repaired or did you need to bring it back again? I guess what I am trying to ask is: Does the dealership know how to fix this or are the mechanics just tightening/shiming ect as they seem fit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts