Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will likely be the 2007 model coming out in a year or so here in the States.

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000490069248/

Looks nice, but I am disturbed about how Hyundai is just copying Toyota and Honda designs now. The Sonata is a blatant clone of the previous gen Accord, and the Santa Fe is a Highlander clone, right down to the Toyota-like Nav and Sienna clone guages. Nice cars though.

A 275hp engine? That would be class leading for an SUV expected to be in the mid $30k range.

Its interesting to note the version in the picture is a diesel (from its 4500rpm redline).

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Disturbed? That's their whole business plan. And it's working very well for them. Make copies of some of the most reliable and respected brands of vehicles, and sell them for a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
470 Posts
mozman said:
I also see the VW Touareg's rear end in the Santa Fe...
Yes, my first impression. Very nice looking car overall. The leather seats in the pictures have loose pleats or wrinkles designed in on purpose. This is a way many leather seats are designed for style and to avoid the leather stretching issue mentioned in another thread on this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts