Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just poppin in to say hello.
I have been reading threads for a couple hours now and just trying to get a feel for my new SL AWD.

Just picked it up this weekend (the fx35 I bid on went to high and this 05 was priced right, bigger inside and gets better mileage. I think I made a wise call)

anyway as others have stated, I needed the clearance for hight so I could not allow for a sun roof. While an 06 special ordered could have been set up w/ leather an w/out sunroof, I am finding it almost imposible to find a used one w/ said features. I went ahead and purchased this 05 w/ cloth. Now I am going to upgrade it to leather.

I have seen a few have speced out the job to local shops. anyone have any luck with an OEM kit? any recomendations?

So far I love my new car. I am so amazed when I get out and see how small it is compared to how big it feels on the inside.

Great forum btw.
thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Welcome to the club.
We love our MOs.
nuttin like it
:D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum. You must be really tall. I'm 6'2 and have no problem at all with a sunroof.... Hope you enjoy your MO! :29:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jaggy13-

I feel your pain. As much as I like leather interiors, I am 6'3" and was unable to fit comfortably in a sunroof-equipped MO. However, I was so impressed with the MO that I had no problem going without. It's a shame Nissan wasn't less restrictive with their option packages.

Enjoy your new ride. :roadtrip:

-njjoe

·
Registered
828 Posts
Height in different areas, I'm 6' 2" (all in legs) sunroof no problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, I seem to be the only one that actually didn't want a sun roof. I'm only 6'1" so the height isn't a problem, I just don't like sun roofs.

You will love your Murano, welcome to the happy driving family! :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks alot for the warm welcome guys. (and gals ;) )
the murano was one of 3 potential's that I had in mind and frankly I didn't think I would be able to get one. They seem to hold their value so well in my local market that I could have bought new for the price of used here. luckily a trip to vegas solved that issue.

I'm 6'4" and wear a 32-34 inseam. most of my height is in my torsoe.
The FX35 would have been my top pick (I actually fit w/ the sunroof because of the design) But given all factors, total price, room and mileage the murano was really the best pick.

I have driven pickup trucks most of my life and I'm finally getting used to parking this thing. I keep thinking its so much bigger than it is. What a great car though, I have 0 buyers remorse. (next up after the leather is a nav/stereo system.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts