Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, just wanted to drop a note to say hi. Took delivery of a new '04 MO SL-AWD (slawed?) Glacier/Cafe Touring+Leather+Cold+VDC last night. I love it. Only took me about 4 hours of arguing at the dealership to get everything the way I wanted. :) (Didn't have to pay for that stupid window etch, woohoo!)

Had a question though; I don't want to drop $250 to get the CD of the Nissan Service manuals, and I did see that you could get a day subscription to the service manuals page. Has anyone done this, and if so, were you able to get all the files (I'm assuming PDF's?) within the 24 hour period if you had broadband?

Been reading the forums for a while while I investigated the MO and wanted to thank everyone for all the useful info here.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yes and while your there, you can also download all the other manuals you'd like (350Z, Maxima, Altima, Titan, etc.) and you can also download all of the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's).

On a broad band connection, it'll probably take you about 30 minutes to download all 42 sections of the Murano manual since you have to do them one at a time.

When you've gorged enough on the Nissan site, then mosey on over to the Infiniti site and you can do the same thing with your login (it works both places).

One point to keep in mind is file organizination, especially if you download several different manuals for different vehicles.

Save each manual's sections in the same file names as Nissan gives them (atc.pdf, for example is for Automatic Air Conditioner) this way when your browsing the manual's pdf files, the links between the different sections will work.

Have fun!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dklanecky1 said:
On a broad band connection, it'll probably take you about 30 minutes to download all 42 sections of the Murano manual since you have to do them one at a time.

One point to keep in mind is file organizination, especially if you download several different manuals for different vehicles.

Save each manual's sections in the same file names as Nissan gives them (atc.pdf, for example is for Automatic Air Conditioner) this way when your browsing the manual's pdf files, the links between the different sections will work.

Have fun!!
Thanks a ton! I'll do all that in a few minutes. :)

-marius

·
5,244 Posts
marius,

just a word of caution - the manual is approximately 140 MB so you really need fast speed Internet access. Otherwise..............you know what I mean....;)

Congratulations on the new MO! I have been enjoying it for last 6 months and still love it:D

Though from yesterday I share the love between MO and FX35 AWD..........what a good feeling!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kris said:
marius,

just a word of caution - the manual is approximately 140 MB so you really need fast speed Internet access. Otherwise..............you know what I mean....;)

Congratulations on the new MO! I have been enjoying it for last 6 months and still love it:D

Though from yesterday I share the love between MO and FX35 AWD..........what a good feeling!
hah, took me about 20-30 mins to download them all. :) I'm glad I noticed that subsections were also separate files. I'll probably never use it myself, but I like knowing I've got it.

-marius

1 - 5 of 5 Posts