Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hi. We just bought an 04 midnight blue MO. only 100 miles. great deal. Well at least I thought so until I read about the problems the alternator is causing. ONe of my assistants has an 04 with 2200 miles and she had her car loss power today and it had to be towed!
Ouch! :(

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Fox and Foxy, A good deal is still a good deal!

A free replacement of an alternator wont change that. Maybe you can show print outs of the poll and get them to provide a preventive replacement because of your up-coming trip and how devastating it would be to have it happen during the trip. GRIP :D

PS point out the stuff about new part number on the "Fixed" units.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
On the other hand how many have never had a problem with the alternator?
Remember, you only hear from people WITH a problem.
Not too many will jump up and say my alternator is fine.
For the record, My alternator is fine. :)

Bob1

·
Registered
281 Posts
> 2500 members here, small percentage of failures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great. We hope we don't start driving and our Mo loses speed and then stops running. Sounds like a dangerous position to be in....I might take the info I have to the dealer and see if he will replace the alternator now. :4:

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you got a great deal then I would be happy and you have a warranty so if it goes out just get it replaced. I wouldn't worry about it. Also congratulations on a great purchase. :cool:

·
Registered
593 Posts
bob1 said:
On the other hand how many have never had a problem with the alternator?
Remember, you only hear from people WITH a problem.
Not too many will jump up and say my alternator is fine.
For the record, My alternator is fine. :)
The Alternator Failure Poll was created for this purpose. People can vote "Yes" or "No". Currently, over 40% of respondents reported alternator failures. Please vote in the poll if you haven't done so already, whether you've had an alternator failure or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts