Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm a 26 year old guy from Sri Lanka.
I'm new to this site and I registered here as I have bought a 2005 Murano.... I will hopefully be able to collect it from the vendor, tomorrow.... am very excited.

This is a Right hand drive car imported from Japan and is a Japanese domestic model. It has all the writing on the buttons etc in Japanese.

It would be interesting to see how different the details are, to the American models.

I already have a Nissan V35 Skyline. This is the same as an Infinity G35 4 door but the engine on the V35 Skyline is 2500cc.

I'm sure I'll have loads of questions for you folks once I physically get hold of my new Murano.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Welcome, and congratulations! I hope you have a digital camera, because I'm sure many of us are going to want to see all kinds of pictures!

Congratulations again!

·
4,601 Posts
Welcome cee jay!

I'm sure we'll be able to answer questions as will you. Since most of the owners here have North American Muranos there are differences, but the Japanese one probably has the most available options, so we'll be interested in yours.

We also have Murano owners from Australia and Central America, so this is turning into a truly global forum. (Who have I missed? Speak up!)

One thing you must do, is take a picture of your Murano in your beautiful country. We'll want to see both!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much ?

Hi guys,
Thanks a lot for the welcome !!

I do indeed have a digital camera and will be more than willing to show what ever photos you guys wanna see.

I was just wondering.... how much you guys pay for a Murano in your respective countries.

Here in Sri Lanka, we have VERY high taxes on vehicle imports.

Although we have a Nissan Dealer here, the Murano is not offered to Sri Lanka. Hence this vehicle was imported by an individual car trader from Japan. It is a slightly used car (has 6000 Km on the clock)
I just paid over US$ 98,000/= (Ninety eight thousand) for this vehicle.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Re: How much ?

cee jay said:
Although we have a Nissan Dealer here, the Murano is not offered to Sri Lanka. Hence this vehicle was imported by an individual car trader from Japan. It is a slightly used car (has 6000 Km on the clock)
That is common in asia. The taxes for importing vehicle that is not 'yet in local production model' by DOT (dept of tranpostation) into a country in Asia is around 200-300% of the vehicle price. I believed we have a froum member who lives in Singapore... and he pays around that much as well? ...

My parents have a business in South East Asia and imported some 18 wheelers trucks for their warehouses. Roughly they costed them 3 times the purchase price to get licensed, pay tax and such.

A good friend of mine live in Bali-Indonesia and it cost him around $125,000 dollars tax inclusive to import a loaded BMW X5 3.0 (minus nav) direcly from Germany. Then he needs to pay for the retrofit work to swap the steering from left to right side which cost around $10k. With that kind of money he can buy an Aston Martin here in US :p . But no worries, he is doing well and own many hotel chain/condo rentals there.

You must be doing really well too! :4:
Welcome to the forum......Pictures please.....:2:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase and enjoy the ride.

We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Re: How much ?

cee jay said:
Hi guys,
Thanks a lot for the welcome !!

Here in Sri Lanka, we have VERY high taxes on vehicle imports.

Welcome cee jay.

I'll say you have VERY high taxes!! $98,000 :eek: :eek:

What does gasoline cost per liter/gallon?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Congrats on the new MO. I just got mine last week and cant stop grinning :)

Would love to see pics too.

what happens if something goes wrong with your car? Do you take it to Nissan for servicing?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all,

The taxes are the same irrespective of if the vehicle is made for our market or not.
Even models of vehicles which are sold by dealers which are meant for the local market, cost about 3 times as much as they do in USA, Japan etc.

Gasoline and Diesel are both subsidized by the local government....
Gasoline costs US$ 0.78 per liter for 90 octane and US$0.81 for a liter of 95 octane.
Diesel costs US$0.49 for regular and US$0.53 for super (which is more refined)

The government is trying to discourage the importation of Diesel vehicles, as they subsidize Diesel more and also because of pollution.

Talking of which.... we have no laws about pollution. This means, I can take out the catalytic converters on my MO as I did with my G35 4 door (V35 Skyline) !!

If something goes wrong with the MO, I could take it to the Nissan dealer but this is the only MO in Sri Lanka !! so even they would not have seen one before.
They will not honor any warranty claims on this vehicle either.

Well... hopefully, the vehicle will be registered today and I'll be able to collect it from the vendor sometime today.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Re: Re: How much ?

SugarRushMurano said:

That is common in asia. The taxes for importing vehicle that is not 'yet in local production model' by DOT (dept of tranpostation) into a country in Asia is around 200-300% of the vehicle price. I believed we have a froum member who lives in Singapore... and he pays around that much as well? ...
Wow US$98,000! I thought Singapore MO owners have the most expensive MO in the world at US$66,000.

cee jay, congrats to your MO and welcome.

·
4,601 Posts
Ouch! You could buy three of them for that, here...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it at last !!

Just drove my MO home !!

I just realized, you don't need to use the key to unlock and start the vehicle !! wow.. I never knew that feature before I bought it.

Here is a photo taken from my camera.. sorry its terrible quality. Its night time here now.

I'll get good pics up soon.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts