Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my baby today: 2006 SL in Glacier Pearl with Leather, Sunroof and Premium packages. She's sooooo beautiful. I was looking at an S but decided to upgrade, since this was my first brand new car. Ya gotta splurge sometime, right?

Looking forward to learning the ins and outs and buttons on this baby. I was pleased to find this board with such great information and helpful members, it was a huge help in my research on the MO.

And her name is Snowball. :2:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
PhoneMonkey-

Welcome to the family and best of luck with Snowball!!

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Welcome welcome! Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's weird to be so in love with a car! If it were a human, my wife would highly suspect me of having an affair. You'll like this web site. :)

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
There is nothing like a Mo.
With its fluid lines, fluidly smooooooth CVT and nimble handling, nothing compares.
I love driving a piece of art.

When I park back on the south 40 on a lot that goes uphill from the store--there she is, stands out like she's smiling--and so much a show off--kinda snickers at the crowd of other SUV's.

Like jaak said, a Hot Wheels car for my very own.

Welcome!

:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Phonemonkey,
sounds like I'm in the exact same situation as you! first new car, pearl white with the touring package. it is a great feeling driving a new car isn't it! only bad thing i found out so far is that dirt shows really well on white!! i'm always cleaning the mo.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
welcome!

I noticed that there are a lot of new MO owners recently?
Is it because:

- the 06s are better than the 03-05?
- the upcoming big fat tax refund check?
- the shift to crossover from big bad ass SUV?
- all of the above?

;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
My New Murano is a Dream Machine!

I've owned my MO for eight glorious days.

Before I took delivery, I might have thought you are all a little too crazy about the MO. Now, I know I'm even crazier about the wonderful Murano. I think the MO is SPEC-TA-CU-LAR! Truly a Dream Machine!

I don't know why anyone would buy a Lexus RX-330 over a Murano SL. (Unless they just want to pay $8,000-$10,000 more for the name and still not quite have a Dream Machine with a CVT and the other wonderful features of the Murano).

Does anyone know why Nissan doesn't promote the MO more?

Also, is there any sort of thing like a yearly regional or national rally of Murano Owners?

Any comments/ideas are appreciated.

Alan
[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: My New Murano is a Dream Machine!

alanpgh said:
Does anyone know why Nissan doesn't promote the MO more?

Also, is there any sort of thing like a yearly regional or national rally of Murano Owners?

Any comments/ideas are appreciated.

Alan
[email protected]
i think nissan is finally getting the hint. finally saw a murano commericial recently on tv. i guess sales figures finally validated the additional marketing expenditures... i'll bet you'll continue to see it grow in popularity.

bottomline, great cars and values sell themselves. same thing happened with my previous car the acura tsx.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Re: Re: My New Murano is a Dream Machine!

cruise said:

bottomline, great cars and values sell themselves. same thing happened with my previous car the acura tsx.
Funny that you mentioned the TSX. This Acura are very uncommon to be found used on my local automart magazine. Unlike used (newer model,not the older one) Acura TLs, there seems to be quite a surplus of supply.:4:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
06murano said:
only bad thing i found out so far is that dirt shows really well on white!! i'm always cleaning the mo.
Yeah, I have to do that this weekend. Seems like my eyes just gravitate toward any speck that lands on the MO's paint. I have a dirty Snowball now. :2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: welcome!

SugarRushMurano said:
I noticed that there are a lot of new MO owners recently?
Is it because:

- the 06s are better than the 03-05?
- the upcoming big fat tax refund check?
- the shift to crossover from big bad ass SUV?
- all of the above?

;)
For me, the MO wasn't even on my radar. I was looking at Ford Escape (nice but the engine sounded like it was struggling all the time), 06 Toyota RAV 4 (very nice but new and selling *at* MSRP, no thanks), Nissan Xterra (wasn't comfortable driving it and bad gas mileage), AND the current front-runner, a Nissan Frontier.

Then I noticed a MO while driving to work. That's nice, I think. Not to big, not tiny, smooth styling. (Yes, my cars have to look good, I'm shallow.)

I had finished with the Honda people (CRV, no legroom for tall folks) and decided what the hell, we'll try Nissan again. They had a "S" model on the lot and the minute I sat down in it, everything felt "right". This was reinforced during the test drive, and the MO moved up on my list.

Research supported it, and I talked myself into upgrading to the SL with Sunroof, Leather, and Touring. :2: To me, it's an elegant SUV with off-road capability; I don't need to drive a HUMMER to assert my dominance :rolleyes: (heh, any Hummer drivers here?)

I think I'll see more of them (my town is *heavy* Xterra drivers) as people become more aware of them. I'm loving this ride! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: My New Murano is a Dream Machine!

alanpgh said:
I've owned my MO for eight glorious days.

Before I took delivery, I might have thought you are all a little too crazy about the MO. Now, I know I'm even crazier about the wonderful Murano. I think the MO is SPEC-TA-CU-LAR! Truly a Dream Machine!

I don't know why anyone would buy a Lexus RX-330 over a Murano SL. (Unless they just want to pay $8,000-$10,000 more for the name and still not quite have a Dream Machine with a CVT and the other wonderful features of the Murano).
[email protected]
It's great, isn't it? :D And you know, when I see the Lexus' out there, it strikes me that something is "off" about the styling. Not as balanced as the MO. And yeah, not nearly worth the money, IMO.

I dunno about a national meet, but did you see the regional clubs listed on the board?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good way to say it. I sat in 25+ SUV's. When I sat in the Murano, everything felt right!

I had a similar experienceto you. I never heard of a Murano 2-3 months ago. Now, I own one, and it is spectacular in all respects!

Nissan needs to get the word out.

By the way, is there such a thing as a Murano Regional or National Rally where Murano Owners get together?

Alan
[email protected]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe now that sales are starting to jump there will be more interest in owners clubs with rallys, but increased Murano ownership may also work against that. Maybe it is just me, but I've noticed that the big 'owners rally' clubs tend to be for vehicles that have some degree of impracticality or unusualness. Increased ownership tends to negate the later, and the Murano is practicle along with being a great vehicle. My observation may be out of date though...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts