Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We joined the fam last night and came home with a new 05, SL in Glacier Pearl. It's my wife's daily driver, but man do I like it too. :D I'm sure I'll find info on this site really helpful. Thanks for such a great site!

·
4,664 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site!

S

·
0 Posts
Canoman! Welcome to the site, there is so much information on here to read. Enjoy it and enjoy your new Murano.

·
Registered
593 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Welcome...and let's get started with the mods....:2:
Hey, no picking on jaak! ... Oh, you meant "modifications", not "moderators". Never mind. :)

·
4,664 Posts
ROTFL:19:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Best of luck Canoman. Hope she lets you drive it now and again.
Here is a tip for you, we have all experienced a design problem with the door lock. It took a while to figure but this is what happens. Go to your Murano and look at the door-handle pull on the inside.
Notice the MANUEL rocker type lock button right up there next to the handle.(Not the electric button on the arm rest) It is VERY easy as you are opening the handle to flip the lock closed. You are unaware what has happened and boom, the drivers door is now locked. Not a big deal if the other doors are open but if the keys are inside and everything else was locked..oh brother. Show this to your wife. Not a bad idea to have a spare door key and maybe a magnetic key hiding box on the frame someplace. Even though I have known this for some time. I locked the door (again) last week. Luckily the other doors were open. So, I'd show this to the little lady and I'd also get that extra door key and hide it. Get a copy at the hardware store, remember to only get a blank to open the door as the key to start your baby will be in the ignition. No sense buying a computer chip high dollar key for this case. Just a 2 dollar key to open the door.
Bob1

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but is it really possible to lock yourself out of the 05 MO with the key inside the car or in the ignition? Isn't the intelligent key suppose to keep the car unlocked for you?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but is it really possible to lock yourself out of the 05 MO with the key inside the car or in the ignition?

Don't know???? Did Nissan fix this problem? If so, I am not up to speed.
Bob1

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
jgwin214 said:
With Intelli Key in my pocket, I cannot get locked out.
That is what I thought. I guess the 05 models at least have this problem under control (if not solved)

·
4,664 Posts
With a normal key in your pocket you can't get locked out either... Leave the intellikey inside and see what happens.:D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not all '05's have the intelligent key. It's not available on the "S" model, and you need the Touring Package if you have the SL or SE.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome Canoman, and congrats to you and the wife on your new baby.

Nice to see another Texan on board... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts