Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it was time for a change, so we went an ordered a new '05 murano SE with tech package(canadian model). it's glacier pearl with caffe latte leather interior. expecting it first week of july. question though, if my dealer was to bring one over from a dealer from another province do i have to pay any extra transport charges or is it all included in the 1500 frieght and delivery charge??

·
4,664 Posts
No, if he wants to sell it to you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Same colour etc as ours; had ours 2 months & still smiling. Personally I like the glacier pearl; it suits our climate, much cooler in the hot climate.

·
5,268 Posts
Congratulations nissanlove.

Enjoy your "upgrated" ride!
:claphead:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Generally dealers will not charge any extra to swap cars with other dealers. The simply just have it driven to their lot.

njmo

·
4,664 Posts
Remember, you're only one province away from where they land, in B.C. so why would they charge you more? There's a hundreds, if not thousands, sold in Ontario that have to travel a lot farther and they don't get billed for it.... Cost of doing business. Good thing it's the pearl or you'd lose it in the snow in the winter.:D

·
Registered
418 Posts
If the dealer senses that you are eager to get the vehicle you want ASAP, he will certainly try to increase his profit by charging you for the delivery from an out of province dealer. There are some additional costs of transporting a single vehicle(truck) vs bulk shipping via rail car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They should have all the charges there when you sign the contract. No future charges. Mine was brought in from BC also ther wrer none in Quebec when I ordered.

Great choice you'll love it. Just think about protecting the hood for paint chips.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
denefnitally the car will be protected the same as our old murano except this time no ming paint protection or leather treatment. i wax the cars regularly and the leather won't be a hassle. i'll have to call the dealer and see what's up with them because i mean our murano, when built will have to go through B.C anyways when it comes here in early july. why don't they just load it up onto a carrier truck with a bunch of the dealers other ordered cars and bring it on down. it'll eventually have to happen anyways.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was a pretty tough choice. it was either getting another MO or a waiting for the subaru tribeca(rulled out b/c of features and lack of power), getting the m35(too expensive) or waiting for the new hyundai santa fe to come out( had one and loved it, traded it for the mo because of power and size) but in the end the murano prevails

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had a Hyundai (Galloper) for seven years, great off road but does not compare to MO re workmanship, ride and looks etc.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hyundai's quiality has increased dramatically over the last few years with the introduction of the santa fe. we had the second model year so all of the kinks where taken out by then. now were debateing on waiting for the '06 to come out but nissan won't post the changes until at least october.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts