Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my new 05 Copper Murano with all the bells and whistles. It replaced my 04 Touareg, and so far I think it is a better vehicle. I love the bird view navigation and the intelligent keys are just soooooo cool.

I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help with.

There is an option when listening to CDs that I can display the name of the cd, or the song. However, every cd that I put in there comes with no info available. Is this something I have to enter, or is it only on special cds??

Also is there a way to modify the navigation to be able to access the POI while the car is moving?

I used to have a M3 that I had modified so that the Nav screen doubled as a monitor to play movies on. Has anyone ever heard of this being done on a Murano?

Finally any recomendations on a flip down DVD player for the back? Is it possible with the sunroof anyway??

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't have any answers to your questions. :(

But I do want to know why you trade in a Toureg for the Mo :confused: ... other than the obvious that the Mo is GREAT! :2:

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
ogden10 said:
IThere is an option when listening to CDs that I can display the name of the cd, or the song. However, every cd that I put in there comes with no info available. Is this something I have to enter, or is it only on special cds??
I can only answer this question. Read somewhere that CD text rights are owned by Sony so only CDs produced by Sony will have the text displayed. To see text on the other CDs you have to burn it again (copy it) using Nero or other software that support text. Then you can see the text when you play it in your MO. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got my MO in November.

To get POIs while moving hit the Route button, and choose quick stop. There is a list of POI categories. You can modify that list, and that list only gives you the 5 nearest.

I believe I saw somewhere on the Nav forums that someone made a toggle switch for their nav system to use it as a dvd player and use their Xbox.

Flip down in the MO, I don't know about that, I've only seen people put screans in their headrests or that lame flip up setup the dealer offers.

If the cd has the info on it, it will display on the screan.

Good luck,

Richard

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too want to know why you traded the Treg for the Mo. My dad bought the Treg and I have driven it. It is a great vehicle with a real 4 wheel drive capability. Was it because of the first year quality issues?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I understand...
I took a Treg out for a test drive the same day I tested the MO and I chose the MO, it just felt better to me. Treg was very nice but the MO just did for me what Treg couldn't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry it took me so long to reply. My business requires me to travel alot which keeps me from my computer.

The question on the moment is the Touareg one. Here is the partial answer, the full one is a long drawn out...

fFirst, I am a VW "dubb" head through and through. I have had everything they make except for a Phaeton. I bought my Treg because I loved the look, the 4 wheel ability and the inside is simply stunning.

The problems I had with it can be summed up to VW service and sales. Basically, I was buying a 45k vehicle from someone who was used to selling 20k vehicles. The service was horrific to say the least. I had the car in for some problems to be fixed and was told that they had to have the vehicle for 24hrs before the would give me a loaner, or even arrange for me to be brought home. Not the service I expect after that purchase. My bro in law has a 4 year old navigator that when he takes in for an oil change they still give him a loaner!

Also the 6 cyl Treg was a dog..... and the 8 was to much money. What I really wanted was the diesel, but there were only 5000 in the US last year, and WAY overpriced.

All in all I was just mad at VW, I got crappy service, and felt that I would not continue to support them by driving the vehicle.

Not to mention that I am a car freak and any excuse to get a new toy is a good one to me :D

Honestly, I think I like the Murano alot more. Reality of it is I am never going to four wheel either vehicle that hard. I have a beat up ltruck for that. I like the Navigation system way better on the Murano, and the look and color are not the same as everything else out there.

Sorry it took so long to answer, but it is not a cut and dry thing. More just a feeling of dis-satisfactioin with my Treg.

Now can any one tell me the best (cheapest) place to get a SS grill for my Murano and get rid of the ugly chrome thing. Also no-one knows how to make the navigation work with POI's while moving. I hate having to stop to eter an address.

TIA for all help

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
ogden10

You said it

"The problems I had with it can be summed up to VW service and sales. Basically, I was buying a 45k vehicle from someone who was used to selling 20k vehicles. The service was horrific to say the least. I had the car in for some problems to be fixed and was told that they had to have the vehicle for 24hrs before the would give me a loaner, or even arrange for me to be brought home. Not the service I expect after that purchase. "

I bet it's just like that even if you bought a Phaeton. This is a part of the problem with Nissan and Murano's they don't know their new customer. GRIP :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts