Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alow me to introduce myself!
I just bought an '05 SL, in Cabernet (I think it's called...), and could NOT be happier with it. So far, no rattles, no issues with any part, moving or not. It's only got 12,000 miles on it, but so far, it's incredible.
I'm continually amazed by all the little helpful and well thought out features, like the automatic door locking system. Man, somebody thought long and hard about how people really use cars.
It took me 3 days to figure out what those little rubber buttons on the door handles were!
We went out to dinner last night with friends, and it was still light on the way to the restaurant. When we got back to the car, it was dark, and "Mary Murano" as my wife has named it just came alive with light. Xenon headlights rock.
Thanks for all the helpful advice here, that made the decision to buy the Murano easier.
(Not my photo, but very similar car)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Tyler-

Good luck with your new car.

Isn't it fun learning about the bells and whistles? Enjoy!

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Congratulations. Enjoy the "Mary Murano"....

My wife calls my MO "Jasmin", so the carputer responds to that name when it hears it by saying "Yes master?" and then waits for a command. Commands I have programmed it with so far operate the audio, GPS, and phone system....

·
Registered
747 Posts
Mary Mo

Tyler Congrats on your new Murano. Is the picture in your post your Murano because that looks like an 06???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Little rubber buttons?

What about these "little rubber buttons" you are talking about?

"It took me 3 days to figure out what those little rubber buttons on the door handles were!"

I have to go see if they are on my 03 MO.

What are they?

·
Registered
20 Posts
They open the doors...the new intelligent key system will communicate with the vehicle if the key is in radius ( like a 4 ft , I think??? ) So now I don't have to dig in my purse for my car keys anymore!!!! The system also does the same for the ignition...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IntelleKey...

Drea217 said:
They open the doors...the new intelligent key system will communicate with the vehicle if the key is in radius ( like a 4 ft , I think??? ) So now I don't have to dig in my purse for my car keys anymore!!!! The system also does the same for the ignition...
Isn't that just TRICK? I'll have a guitar in each hand, a guitar stand and a gig bag slung on each shoulder, and when I close the rear hatch, I just touch the button and it locks it all up. Too cool.:4:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Intellegent key...shattered

I tossed the keys to my wife last night...she dropped 'em. The intelKey shattered into pieces. I picked them all up, opened the door with the REGULAR key.
Now, putting that thing back together again isn't easy! But I'm here to tell you that it IS possible.
I wish they'd put a screw in the center of it, instead of making it out of snap-together plastic pieces. It's a little 3D jigsaw puzzle.:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hijacked picture

Enforcer said:
Grats, post pics of your car.
No, that's just a picture I hijacked off the web. Once I get a chance to at least WASH the darn thing, I'll take a couple of my own shots.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts