Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i brought a brand new 2006 Murano SL AWD just before Christmas, really happy with it. Heard about the recall today (shield on gas tank) made me search on the net about my car. I read all the problems in this forum (under problem section) ... actually made me so worry that i can't sleep tonight.:( Since i save my money so hard and pick the murano instead of the toyota highlander (my wife want it). I can't really handle lots of trouble.

Anyway, i will post my car's picture later on the gallery section.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The recall will be handled for free.

You have one of the greatest SUVs built - go get some sleep :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
The recall will be handled for free.

You have one of the greatest SUVs built - go get some sleep :)
:werd:

I've had my Murano since April of 03 and the only time I had to take mine to the dealer, other than regular maintenance, was for the alternator recall.

You can search any site on any vehicle and find problems. There's not one single car that is totaly problem free. Also remember, this site represents and very, very small percentage of Muranos that are on the road.

·
Registered
781 Posts
And if you look at some of the 'problems' in the problem section - they are far from major.

I think some of those topics could be moved to another section.

I'm sure if you do research on other makes you'll find just as many (if not more) problems.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I to have had great time with mine MO so I would not worry about it. My wife too wanted the Highlander, but to me, it was nothing but a glorified station wagon and we wanted to get rid of our Grand caravan.
The only trouble I have had is with the alternator ( dealership replaced it in two hours) and leaking grasket on the transmission. All warranty work that the dealer did right away.

So sit back, crank up the tunes and go for a long drive and enjoy your MO:) :) :)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
RussianRocket-

Relax.... You own one of the best crossover SUVs on the market.

The Murano was the winner of Strategic Vision's 2005 Total Quality Award™ in Best Medium Crossovers, which is based on new car ownership satisfaction for Medium Crossover vehicles.

The vast majority of the forums members are happy with their Muranos. But that does not mean they wouldn't want to change something to improve the functionality or performance. That is what car enthusiasts do.

Relax and enjoy your new car.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Welcome. You were right and your wife was wrong.....:D

If it was not for the mediocre dealership service, this would indeed be the "very best" suv. A large portion of troubles with Muranos have to do with service departments doing a half a$$ job. So if you are lucky enough to have a good dealer where you can take your MO for service, you have made the right choice in selecting this car.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
The way I see it, there are really only two "major" problems that have been reported by mutliple owners on this forum:

1) Alternater failures (which has since been corrected by a recall)

2) Bad service when taking your car in for repairs/maintenance/etc

All the other things are little minor annoyances that some people have and some don't.

I think the only real main concern that owners here have is regarding how well the AWD and CVT will do long-term.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Thanks to all your reply. I actually test drive the acura MDX, Lexus RX330, Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot, then i decide to go for the Murano. My decision had been question for so many times by different people. But i just love the ride and the tune. This is the first car i really want to go out and drive it at midnight :D
I am a really stressful person and when i hear about damage gas tank and fire ... really made me uncomfortable.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: Thanks

RussianRocket said:
I am a really stressful person and when i hear about damage gas tank and fire ... really made me uncomfortable.
RussianRocket-

Do not concern yourself with the fuel tank shield recall. There were only four reported instances (out of over 200,000 Muranos) where the fuel tank was punctured by road debris. (That is less than 0.002%.) And in all four of those cases, there were NO reports of fire, accidents, or injuries.

Your dealer will install the fuel tank shield free-of-charge.

The Murano is a very safe and reliable car. The addition of the fuel shields will make it even more reliable and safe.

Enjoy the ride...

-njjoe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts