Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing a lot of research and test driving, the wife and I took delivery of our 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD (w/SL Touring pkg) yesterday.

Although it was our second choice (behind the Lexus RX), we have ZERO regrets and love the Mo.

That said, a set of grill/bumper guards is definitely the first item we're going to add to the Mo.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Congrats on joining the club - can I ask why you didn't go with your 1st choice?

IMO you got a more stylish, faster and more roomy SUV for less money. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you and good question.

While I think the RX330 (being decidedly upscale) is a nicer crossover than the Murano, an RX (w/Perf pkg and 6CDC) stickers just north of $43k versus the SL AWD's $36k MSRP. And while that RX can be acquired for somewhere around $39k, we negotiated our Murano's price around $33k. To wit, we just didnt think the RX was $6,000 better than the Murano.

After having driven both at length, I can say that both are very similar. And as with any Toyota/Lexus vs Nissan/Infiniti comparison, the Murano is more sport oriented (my preference) than the RX (which definitely resides in the luxury camp even with the performance pkg).

The Merlot/Cafe Latte combo really helped to seal the deal with my wife, and that color combo was discontinued with the 2G RX.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Very good Cost vs. Benefits comparison.

It would be very interesting to see a Infinity MO variation go head to head!
It seems a natural to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The upcoming Infiniti CX targets the X3 which falls in this category as well. Stay tuned. :4:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You made a good choice!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
elliotgb said:
Welcome to the forum! You made a good choice!
Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm a new MO owner as of 3 weeks ago and so far I love it. I bought a used 2004 SE that was fully loaded (no nav). I agree with you about the bumper guards. I'm saving up to get some for my MO as I'm sick of people bumping and backing into me :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
f23a and jnova

Welcome to the club. I have the front bumper guard(tube) and I can attest that it would be a wise investment based on the scratches on mine, I know it would have been my bumper instead of the guard.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: f23a and jnova

pcs15394 said:
Welcome to the club. I have the front bumper guard(tube) and I can attest that it would be a wise investment based on the scratches on mine, I know it would have been my bumper instead of the guard.
Thanks for the advice.....I now plan on ordering mine TOMORROW morning. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your MO's look good with the bumper guards. For those of you who bought them, can you tell me where you got them from, how much they cost and how hard they were to put on? Are you guys thinking of getting the rear guards as well? I tend to back up into a lot of stuff (with my last car anyway) and was thinking of getting one.

·
Registered
982 Posts
jnova said:
Your MO's look good with the bumper guards. For those of you who bought them, can you tell me where you got them from, how much they cost and how hard they were to put on? Are you guys thinking of getting the rear guards as well? I tend to back up into a lot of stuff (with my last car anyway) and was thinking of getting one.
No rear bumper gaurd for me... to me it doesn't look good, that is purely a protection thing. If you think you will hit something, GET IT... otherwise, it wont look good, IMO.

I bought mine from:

http://nissan.autowebaccessories.com/store/prod242_263_2524.php

Although, they make a different kind that is more or a protection for the front and back... I'm not sure where I saw the pictures, i'll look around and post when i find it.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
maybe time for a Colgan Bra to protect the paint, eh?
Check out the threads for Colgan in here. I am pleased with mine so far.

·
Registered
359 Posts
These bumper bars remind me of the Roo Bars they put on vehicles in rural Australia. ....and yes that is what they are for - to bounce the Kangeroos of the vehicles before they cause damage.

·
Registered
747 Posts
jnova

The bumper guards are OEM from Nissan. At least mine is. I think cost was around $150.00. The install can be a real bear unless you have very small hands. Once the brackets are in place it is a piece of cake. If I remember correctly, there are already threaded openings for the Bumper Guard Brackets on the front end of the Mo from the factory, you just have to be able to get your hands and a socket up inside the lower front end trim to get the bolts in place.

·
Registered
281 Posts
GymKid
Do you know the brand name of your bar?
Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome! You need to check out www.4x4parts.com. Do a search or Murano and you'll see 3 pages of niceties that you may not be able to live without. They are in Pompano Beach, FL. Not a big operation but very friendly. Don't know if Hurrican Katrina affected them yesterday or not. Give 'em a call. I bought 3 pieces from them and am very satisfied with the quality.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts