Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the new DVD entertainment system from Nissan yet? I am currenty ordering a NAV/TV tuner and would like the screen from the OEM Nissan DVD system in the rear. Any info would be great on this and how the audio is being fed. Thanks.

--Mojo

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Mojo, the's a nav/dvd/mp3 player out there by pioneer for about $1500, but I'm not sure what the model number is. A friend of a friend said he could put it my mo for $1500 installed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
whitemo- I am looking for an after market NAV solution as well (couldn't stomach the fact that Nissan was making me get the VDC system just to get the NAV).

Anyway, I assume this Pioneer system has its own screen - where were you thinking of mounting it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Strummer2k, Not just that, the rear placement of the dvd means the front passenger or myself can't watch any movie, just those sitting in the back. I would like to watch a movie or something when I'm stuck in traffic or parked some where.And as for the after market dvd player, I saw a pic on this forum that someone had put it under the audio console. I was thinking of putting it on the center top dash for visibility, but then someone might steal them, so maybe under the audio console is best. I think it's a little low, but it's more secure.

·
4,664 Posts
It's in the back, because it's illegal in most places to have it visible to the driver.:p

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've seen some suvs', vans, benz, and some other cars with it in the front. Or did they just installed it themselves. Is it illegal in N.J. you know?

·
4,664 Posts
I don't know about NJ, but certainly it's true in many states. Many people have put them up front, and many vehicles that have the displays, especially with the back up camera, are easily modified to show video.

Will a Cop charge you? Unlikely, unless he's got reason to, like you were driving all over the road, while watching it, or ran over someone, or hit someone...

Will the manufacturers put it in the front? Not as long as they have lawyers on staff....

·
Registered
487 Posts
You can get away with having DVD movies up front... until you get in an accident, and the investigation turns up that you were playing movies while driving :p

Best advice is to not do it. Or, if you DO go for it, try to keep it inconspicuous and don't watch flicks while motoring.

As for the rear seat... I wish Nissan would reveal more information about this. Seems like a strange setup, getting attached to the back of the armrest and all...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Of course not, I'm just kidding about watching dvd while I'm driving. It's also a nav, so that's what I will be using most. Do you think putting it under the stereo console is safe?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts