Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously, the closest Hakka winter tire Nokian made for the MO was 235/60R18, which resulted in approx a 3.1% difference (smaller) from the stock size.

Now, on their website, it's showing the Hakka SUV winter tire coming out this summer in a 265/60R18. This is only marginally taller than the stock Goodyears and will result in a smaller size difference, when compared with the 235/60 size.

Question: has anyone run 265 tires on their MO? If so, how's the clearance in the wheel well? I'm guessing it'll be alright, given it's only about 1.25" wider (to be shared evenly inside and out), but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've run 265 x 60 x 18 Yokahama Geolanders all winter and there are no clearance problems or any other problems whatsoever...speedometer reads 2% low...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect. Thanks senza.

Just out of curiousity, are the Geolanders your everyday tires or just your winter tires? Either way, how do you like them?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Geolanders are all-season tires, they are rated very well at tire rack. They will be my next purchase for the Mo, unless i hear of a better solution :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Geolanders 265/60/18s are going on my MO SE next week. Anyone
have a pic of these tires already installed? If not, I will post a few
shots when mine when mine are on. I have always felt the 235s were a too small.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The Canuck - I plan on using the Geolanders all the time...I did get them because they were highly rated for snow...big improvement over the LS's.....very quiet / ride the same / sporty looking tire..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts