Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made a deal on a 2004 SE AWD, loaded less Nav, DVD, and chrome. Pewter w/ Cabernet. I'm going to fill out paperwork tonight and hope to have it by tomorrow (if not tonight). I've been lurking on the list for about a week, and I have to say I've learned quite a bit and saved a lot of money by reading. First time buyer so I was pretty naive about invoice vs. MSRP. Anyway, if I can't pick it up today, I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Brad

·
Registered
777 Posts
Let me be the first to welcome you to the club! :)

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
Congrats Brad! I'm STILL waiting!! Ordered a Super Black SE with Cafe Latte leather and ALL the options except sat radio and chrome wheels. Of course, its only been mid-January since I ordered, but it FEELS a lot longer!!! How will I survive until late March (scheduled arrival)??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad news

After filling out our paperwork last night, the dealer went to check on the MO he had lined up at another dealership and it had been sold. So, he started pushing all of the MOs he had on his lot. Pushing 2wd over AWD. Saying 2wd referred to the rear wheels (I corrected him). He'd give me Nav for invoice price. All of the options that I specified, he tried to talk me out of. Finally, I told him, if I'm going to spend this much on a car, I want everything on there that I specified. Then he told me he could order one but it would be 2 mths. I told him I'd be looking at other dealerships to help put a hot poker up his you-know-what. I don't like having someone tell me we'll have your car here within 24hrs, come fill out the paperwork, then find out it may be two months. The only funny part of the whole experience was my wife was crumbling the whole time. (Well, I do like this color...We don't really need that...Let's just take this one...) She was falling for every trick they were throwing at us. Jim, how have you been able to stand waiting for two months?

·
Registered
564 Posts
waiting . . .

Good question Brad! Mostly, I've been surfing this board and getting lots of great info. I know that I'll be ordering my side guards from Dawn, my bug deflector from weathertech, my rear sensors from Poron and my crossbars from Yakima. I also know not to worry about window rattles because there are a combination of TSB's and homemade fixes that will cure the problem (knock wood).

Just in case my dealer is NOT being diligent, I've also searched the Nissan USA website for dealers that may have Murano's that fit my requirements. In fact, I would recommend you do that as well to see where there may be a Murano that fits your needs/desires. Just go to the www.nissanusa.com website. Select the Murano (SL or SE) and use the website to design your idea vehicle. Then do a search of dealer inventory for dealers within 100 miles of your zip code. I came REAL close with an AWD Black SE. Differences were charcoal leather interior and no tow. This website showed me that the tow bar was NOT as easy to install as I thought (my dealer was on the up and up when he told me it was a labor intensive process!). Also, I went to see him and he had two Murano's in blue - one with charcoal interior and one with Cafe Latte. One look of the two side by side convinced me that the Cafe Latte was worth waiting for (that and the tow package).

As my wife put it, when you consider how long I generally keep cars (my current ride is a 1993!), a couple of months is not that long to wait for what I really really want (at least I keep telling myself that!).

Good luck!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pewter/Cabernet Murano

One thing I got to see last night (that I was worried about) is the combo of Cabernet and Polished Pewter. The dealership had an SL 2WD in that combo and it looks really sharp! Some people don't seem to care for the cabernet, but I like it. So, now we're waiting on either cabernet or black...I mean charcoal with pewter. Cabernet is our first choice. Black can get hot down here in the Charleston, SC area. Don't want the latte since we're going to start a family soon. Plus my wife likes to spill her diet cokes. LOL!

Jim, the dealer last night said that January orders should start coming in the next couple weeks. Of course we are in a port city, so that may have something to do with it... Good luck! What options are you looking for that's so hard to find? SE AWD? Colors?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey Brad:

My order is for an AWD SE in Super Black with Cafe Latte interior (I know it will NEVER survive the 2 year old and the two dogs, but then again, that's what leather protector and seat covers are for!). The options I included were the touring package (with sunroof package, stereo package, leather, cold package, roof rails, etc.), VDC, nav, tow, sunroof shield, splash/mud guards, and carpeted floor mats. Its the combo of the packages that seems hard to find. The toughest of all of them is the tow package. I considered going hidden hitch aftermarket, but I like the more discreet look of the factory set up. If any MO listers know of such a car already at a dealer, feel free to e-mail me directly! Thanks also, Brad for the update regarding the arrival of January orders. Since my order went in mid-month, I figure about four to six more weeks.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts